Leidos is actively hiring for a TMPS System Test Engineer to join our team at the Washington Navy Yard.
The System Test Engineer will work in support of a Product Assurance contract with the US Navy Cruise Missile Project. The work will be performed on a component of the Theater Mission Planning Center (TMPC) segment of the Tomahawk Weapon System (TWS) located at the Washington Navy Yard. This position is for a Tomahawk Planning System (TPS) System Test Engineer to eventually transition into a test engineer at the TMPC-level.
- Will be the lead on doing requirements analysis; software design analysis, reviewing all specifications and updating or correcting as needed, user documentation inspection; develop test planning and the test execution (functional, integration, regression and more), evaluating the test results and submitting the reporting after completing the analysis, operational test scenario development, milestone review participation, and developing and executing site acceptance testing at multiple end-user locations as necessary.
- Domestic and some international travel may be required - possibly as high as 25% per year. Activities also include reviews and evaluation of products and processes and participation in various Engineering review boards.
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives.
- Develops solutions to technical problems that may require collaboration with internal experts. Regularly communicates with internal project team members, management, and external organizations and customers as necessary.
- Ensures project schedules and performance requirements are met.
- Works with customer and the team to developer specific objectives and creates process to integrate those objectives.
- Operational experience with Tomahawk Planning System (TPS) mission planning is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of software engineering, software programming, databases including SQL, system interface testing, and test automation is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field at minimum 4 years of related experience. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Proficiency in computer applications languages technologies and/or capabilities required for this position.
- Good technical writing and communication skills.
- Experience with verification and validation test activities including development of test cases and procedures, execution of test procedures, documentation of test issues, and test reporting.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.