The Human Health and Performance Contract (HHPC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Project Manager to provide project management and oversight to technical teams performing flight hardware development. This position serves as the project manager for flight hardware projects of crew health hardware supporting human spaceflight in the Orion and Human Landing System (HLS) Programs.
- Lead one or more projects through the full life cycle including requirements development, hardware design, integration, test, sustainment, product and safety reviews
- Review trade studies and assess design, and hardware options
- Review requirements and verifications, conceptualize methods of operations
- Develop, define, track, and maintain project schedules
- Develop cost estimate, budget, statement of work, risk, and schedule for all projects assigned
- Lead a technical team and provide oversight, guidance, and collaboration with HHPC internal stakeholders, external subcontractors and vendors to ensure they are staying within project scope, budget, and schedule to ensure deliverables/products are delivered on time
- Complete internal collaboration, review, and integration of project development
- Present findings, reports, and status are completed, and provide oral and written status to contractor management and the NASA customer
- Perform execution, management, and collaboration of project procurement activities (which includes preparation and negotiation of statement of work, change orders, and invoices with subcontractors and vendors)
- Perform integration across many engineering disciplines (systems engineering, project engineering, design and fabrication, and test and integration)
- Review plans, conduct investigations, and provide recommendations as necessary to assure compliance with established requirements, guidelines, and procedures
- Coordinate and conduct meetings for assigned project with internal HHPC and external customer stakeholders
- Track, update, and provide recommendations for statement of work or budget changes to the task order manager
- Identify, manage, and communicate project risks and mitigation strategies
- Participate in ISO/CMMI/AS9100 Audits
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field with at least 8 years’ relevant experience to include at least 5 years’ experience in a technical field with aerospace or mechanical experience to include hardware development and design
- Experience leading negotiations with contract/vendors and completing procurement
- Familiarity with NASA or DoD Work Instructions
- Experience with NASA systems, such as MIDAS, CDS, QARC, EDMS, ELABEL
- Proficiency in reading engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of configuration and data management processes
- Ability to translate concepts across multiple disciplines
- Experience with Flight Hardware Development processes as outlined in SA-014/EA-023
- Previous working experience with NASA or a NASA contractor
- Previous experience with Human Systems Engineering such as human factors and designing for the product end-user
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.