Leidos is seeking a UI/UX Developer to join the MEAD Infrastructure Team to support development of mission critical applications involving AI/ML capabilities for intelligence mission. The UI/UX Developer will work closely with UX Designers, Business Analysts, engineers, developers, and data scientists to learn from the users and produce low-high fidelity comps and prototypes which will be tested, iterated, and briefed for development. This role includes product centric interaction and interface design working on low-mid fidelity static comps and interactive prototypes. The UI/UX Developer will work on visual design initiatives that adhere to design principles overall consistency.
In this role, a portion of the unclassified work can be done remotely, with approval from the prime contractor. In office work will be done in a facility in the Springfield/Alexandria area, with occasional in person meetings at other DC area locations such as Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling AFB and Reston, VA.
- Working with clients, User Experience Designers and Business Analysts to develop the overall look and design
- Producing, maintaining and modifying user interfaces
- Incorporating applications, graphics, audio and video clips into websites
- Creating tools that enhance the user’s experience
- Ensuring websites are accessible across many platforms, including laptops and tablets
- Routinely testing websites for ease of use, speed and other quality factors
- Fixing any issues or bugs that arise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Development, Graphic Design, or related discipline.
- 5+ years experience developing intuitive web applications
- Security Clearance
- Candidates must already possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a polygraph.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Professional written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing user experiences
- Proficient in visual design and wireframing tools
- Reactjs, Nodejs/MERN stack experience is a plus
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.