Develops designs for electronic, electro-mechanical, or mechanical equipment. Develops basic data and makes preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposal. Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost. Coordinates with other organizations affected by design development. Makes layouts of complex assemblies and details parts of devices, mechanisms, and structures. Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning. Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible engineers or designers.
REMOTE POSITIONS Looking for candidates in Corpus Christi, TX and/or Laredo, TX
Receives some instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments. Uses professional concepts to solve a variety of problems. PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Works on assignments where judgment is resolving problems and making routine recommendations. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. IMPACT: Decisions or failure to achieve results may cause delays in schedules. LIAISON: Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers. Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information.
4-year engineering degree, 2+ years of experience.
Utility experience, including co-ops, either in engineering or construction. Oncor experience is preferred.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering degree (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, or Industrial) with a minimum of two (2) + years of either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing design engineering
- Experience with the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and client construction standards
- Experience or knowledge of BOUD, GE Smallworld or other similar GIS software
- Experience or knowledge of CAD tools or similar design tools
- Must be comfortable in both a field and office setting
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to walk up to 2 miles on unpaved surfaces
- Candidate must provide their own reliable transportation
Nice to haves
- Experience with distribution design: reconductoring projects, voltage conversion projects, distribution automation projects, new business projects
- Fundamentals of Engineer certification or PE
- Strong communication skills, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience with software such as: PoleForeman, SAP, Microstation
- Collaborative and inclusive of individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
- Professional dress and demeanor
- 10%-30% Field Inspections
- 60%-80% Engineering and development of design packages for construction crews
- 10% Performing administrative tasks, planning, and/or customer follow-up
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
Leidos is trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to our Power Delivery Services for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.