The Defense Group at Leidos has a career opening for an AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer located in the Scott AFB, IL (St. Louis, MO) or Washington, DC area (Ft. Meade, MD). This is a telework position, however one must live within driving distance Scott AFB, or Fort Meade as they will need to be in the office as needed. This DevSecOps Engineer will support the sustainment and ongoing development of the DISA’s Global Management System (GMS), providing support for server, network and application infrastructure under general supervision.
- Design, develop and implement DevOps capabilities across various project teams.
- Install, configure and maintain all tools needed to accomplish the following DevSecOps functions: source control management, continuous integration, deployment, monitoring, repository management, provisioning, release management, logging, building, testing, containerization, collaboration and security.
- Design, develop, configure and manage mixed Windows and Linux environments
- Implement cost-control strategies for Cloud-based workloads in AWS.
- Make network models with diagrams and graphic representations
- Design, develop and implement network routing within AWS
- Leverage programming and scripting languages including Python, Bash, Terraform, CloudFormation and Powershell
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline w/ 4 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree in a related discipline w/ 2 years. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must be able to obtain DoD SECRET clearance
- Must have or the ability obtain Comptia Security + certification
- 2-3 years of experience in Amazon Web Services administration and operations
- Designing and monitoring the enterprise-wide scalable operations in AWS Cloud environments
- Provisioning, configuring, managing AWS services such as VPC/Subnet/Security Group, EC2, ECS, CLI, S3, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Lambda, Config and IAM.
- Reviewing and developing AWS technical designs, frameworks, implementation solutions and DevOps and DevSecOps tools implementation
- Setting-up pipelines and integrating CI/CD processes using Jenkins, artifactory and bitbucket
- Supporting and developing containerized CI/CD deployment such as Docker, Open shift and Kubernetes
- Deploying infrastructure using cloud formation
- Knowledge of the following:
- Current and emerging technologies across multiple domains including network, database, endpoint, virtual computing, cloud computing
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.