The Defense Group at Leidos has a career opening for Active Directory support engineer located in the Scott AFB, IL (St. Louis, MO) or Washington, DC area (Ft. Meade, MD). This is a telework position, however one must live within driving distance Scott AFB, or Fort Meade as they will need to be in the office as needed. This candidate will support the sustainment and ongoing development of the DISA’s Global Management System (GMS), providing support for the GMS Active Directory, ADFS and other authentication services under general supervision.
- Responsible for day-to-day administration duties including Windows Active Directory object maintenance
- Configure and maintain complex Active Directory forests and domains across a complex network with thousands of users and Active Directory objects
- Create advanced monitoring strategies for monitoring and reporting health of Active Directory components
- Continually monitor environment to ensure best practices and Federal guidelines are being followed
- Monitoring, backup, and restoration procedures for Active Directory
- Analysis, design, capacity planning and implementation of Active Directory Security
- Ensuring AD compliance with DISA STIGs
- Configuring ADFS (SAML) as an identity provider for several GMS tools
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients
- Develop and produce documentation, SOPs, reports, and presentation slide decks
- Communicates effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences (both contractor and federal government employees)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline w/ 8+ years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree in a related discipline w/ 6 years. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must be able to obtain DoD SECRET clearance
- Must have or the ability obtain Comptia Security + certification
- Extensive experience as primary engineer for Microsoft Active Directory on-premises or in the cloud.
- Expert level troubleshooting skills with Active Directory Infrastructure, Azure AD, Group Policies, DNS, PKI, Microsoft PowerShell, Windows Server Server 2008-2019, and Windows 10
- Administration of organizational units (OU) and server/user security through group policies, administration of domain global groups and local groups, domain user accounts, overall AD forest and domain optimization.
- Experience automating routine tasks via PowerShell
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with troubleshooting within a security environment
- AWS Certification or experience with cloud computing web services providing distributed computing processing capacity and software tools via AWS
- Working knowledge or experience using RSA Authentication services, Quest Authentication Services and Quest RMAD applications.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.