Leidos is looking for a part-time (approximately 50% time, very flexible schedule) Sr. Instructor with demonstrated expertise in analytic training and instruction, including writing, presenting, critical thinking, and military analysis skills, to assist with instructional programs. Candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph to be considered. Qualified candidates are skilled at all aspects of classroom and blended instruction including: program coordination, communicating with diverse groups, creating tailored and accessible learning content, developing subject matter expertise, providing mentoring that effectively conveys analytic expertise to students, and delivering effective instruction. The successful candidate will assist the program teams with developing new course content, delivering modules and/or full classes, helping to run multi-day exercises, mentoring students, and providing feedback and improvement suggestions to customer management.
Senior Instructor tasks require considerable expertise to plan, conduct, develop, and/or evaluate training and content for a variety of audiences. The Sr. Instructor will be required to provide instruction, individually or with a team, to audiences on a specific tools and techniques. The Sr. Instructor may be required to conceptualize and develop content for training modules, programs, and/or exercises. The Sr. Instructor will provide support under a larger program and will coordinate with the program on course goals, objectives, and requirements. The Sr. Instructor may lead communications between the team with customer managers, offices, and other experts to plan, manage, propose and/or implement projects and improvements.
- A BA degree and 15 years of prior relevant experience.
- At least ten (10) years of direct knowledge of and substantial experience with analysis techniques.
- At least seven (7) years of experience working as an analytic manager and/or analyst, including at least seven (7) years of experience in providing substantive review of and personal feedback on drafts and briefings to analysts.
- At least ten (10) years of experience with the analytic techniques, tools, methods/procedures & new approaches to analysis used across multiple sectors.
- Experience supporting analysis at multiple community agencies.
- Experience supporting analysis at military or DoD agencies, as well as having experience as a military analyst.
- Experience in teaching, mentoring, instructional design, and/or course facilitation and delivery.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to provide constructive and targeted feedback on analytic tradecraft in writing, briefing, and critical thinking using the analytic standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and at least three (3) years of direct substantial experience in delivering and applying the curriculum, teaching approaches, and evaluation methods.
- Fifteen (15) or more years of direct knowledge of and substantial experience with intelligence analysis techniques.
- Ten (10) or more years as an analytic manager and/or analyst, including ten (10) or more in providing substantive review of and personal feedback on drafts and briefings to analysts.
- Fifteen (15) or more years of experience with the analytic techniques, tools, methods/procedures & new approaches to analysis used in multiple sectors.
- Instructor certification or equivalent (such as CPLP or other certification).
- Master’s Degree or higher.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.