Are you interested in making an immediate impact by improving and shaping the consumer fraud-protection industry? Would you like to play a critical role in protecting consumers from deceptive and unfair practices in the marketplace? Leidos, a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering and science solutions leader is seeking a Sr. Big Data Machine Learning Developer to join the team.
Leidos is looking for a strong Sr. Big Data Machine Learning developer, who can design and develop complex machine learning models, Web API to consume the models, and deploy the solutions in distributed and/or cloud environment. The candidate should perform in a demanding, high-energy position requiring flexibility and innovative technical solutions to the challenges of processing, interpreting, and analyzing large volumes of data, including text.
We are seeking individuals with a unique blend of research and operational experience, to apply machine learning models and deep learning approaches to the problem of recognition in complex environments given sparse or limited training data. The candidate should be able to quickly understand existing deployed machine learning models, big-data applications, performance tuning, optimize, log analysis, issue resolution and continuous improvement to current operations. The candidate should possess strong scripting skills in Java and Python programming in Linux and Windows environments. The candidate should be able to adopt to client needs, must be able to work independently and with other teams, guide the business team, must possess strong written & oral communication and collaboration skills.
- BS Degree and 8+ years experience or MS Degree and 6+ years experience
- Experience in designing and building full stack solutions utilizing distributed computing using Python, Scala or Java including distributed file systems or multi-node databases.
- Strong experience in one or more areas of machine learning / artificial intelligence such as classifications, pattern recognition, NLP, Anomaly Detection, Recommender Systems, Sentiment Analysis, Clustering, Decision Trees, SVM, Topic Models and Neural Networks
- Strong experience in text analytics working with unstructured data
- Deep knowledge and experience in supervised and unsupervised algorithms to effectively address business problems
- Excellent understanding of common families of models, feature engineering, feature selection and other practical machine learning issues, such as overfitting
- Programming experience using Python (iPython notebooks), Matlab, R (R notebook and R-Studio), Scala, Java
- Experience in Databricks and Apache Spark or other cloud native analytics platform like Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory
- Experience with distributed or No-SQL databases such as DynamoDB, CosmosDB, etc., and strong skills in relational databases such as MS-SQL with T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS or Oracle with PL/SQL, etc.,
- Experience in cloud native ML technologies like AWS SageMaker, AutoML or similar ML/DS platform.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate with wide technical and business users
- Experience in building interactive visual dashboards using Tableau or PowerBI
- Demonstrate ability to build full stack systems architected for speed and distributed computing and MLOps
- Demonstrate ability to quickly learn new tools and paradigms to deploy cutting edge solutions
- Adept at simultaneously working on multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and managing expectations
- Good exposure to cloud technologies such as AWS S3, Lambda functions, or Azure Functions etc.,
- Good knowledge of search engine technologies such as Apache Solr, or Elastic Search and able to define schema, create collections, ingest data into search engine and retrieve data using streaming APIs and graph queries.
- Experience of using Deep Learning frameworks (such as Tensorflow, Torch and Caffe)
- Knowledge of parallel computing approaches such as use of GPU parallelization is highly desirable
- Develop both deployment architecture and scripts for automated system deployment in AWS or on-premise systems.
- Create compelling data visualizations using Tableau, Power BI, or Hue to communicate insights to a wide audience
- Application development experience with REST API, workflows Oozie, crontabs, and data integration with Sqoop with various data formats Parquet, Avro, Json, etc.,
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.