Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer in the Ft. Meade, Maryland area.
Leidos is a preferred subcontractor on a newly awarded, large, multi-year contract that develops, integrates deploys, and sustains large collection systems. The work is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. We provide exceptional service to our customer in an area in which we have deep incumbent knowledge.
Significant requirements include Mission Management, Operations, and Sustainment activities. The team will provide 24x7x365 support to multiple Operations Teams and will feature 1st/2nd/3rd Party Partner Engagement.
The Infrastructure Engineer will implement, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse infrastructure systems (e.g., multi-purpose hosting, virtualized environments, big data analytic systems, cloud environments, real-time systems, business management information systems, logging and monitoring systems, hardware, active directory, Linux/Unix- Windows- or OSx-based, storage area networks (SAN), LAN and WAN networking, and other infrastructure-related components) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests infrastructure components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves reported system issues. Utilizes infrastructure engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development/test/production environment. Provides specific input to the component system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, system reuses, use of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS)/Government Off-The- Shelf (GOTS), and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual system components with particular emphasis on complex networking topics.
The Infrastructure Engineer will:
- Perform system integration, system administration, or network engineering tasks.
- Contribute to the development of sections of IT and telecommunication system manuals and standard operating procedures.
- Perform tasks in IT and telecommunication projects in at least (4) four of the following areas:
-Windows or Linux server system administration (e.g., 2K3, 2K8, 7, 10, various Linux flavors)
-Integrating GOTS/COTS/open-source solutions
-Virtualization technology experience (e.g., VMWare, Zen, Citrix, KVM), networking and TCP/IP protocols (e.g., CISCO, Juniper)
-Storage technologies (e.g., SAN, NAS, Fiber Channel, iSCSI, NFS)
-Remote access (e.g., Juniper SSL VPN), or other IT infrastructure technologies
- Work complex projects as senior contributor and as part of an integrated product team.
- Have strong communication skills and experience working directly with customers.
- Supervise Infrastructure projects in diverse areas such as system engineering, system integration, development and operations, project execution and quality oversight, resource identification and allocation, financial tracking, and reporting.
- Supervise Infrastructure Engineers and other contract personnel in meeting Government requirements.
- Provide solicited and unsolicited advice to appropriate Government personnel to maintain, optimize and upgrade IT and telecommunication infrastructure to meet evolving government requirements.
Security Clearance Requirement:
Must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Twelve (12) years’ experience as an Infrastructure Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- An additional four (4) years of infrastructure experience on projects with similar engineering processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Dataflow experience within the last five (5) years.
- At least one technical certification in any of the following:
- systems engineering (e.g., INCOSE)
- information security (e.g., CISSP)
- networking (e.g., CCNA)
- system administration (e.g., RHCE, MCSE)
- virtualization (e.g., VCP)
- information technology systems management (e.g., ITIL)
- project management (e.g., PMP, Agile)
- other IT related domains
Experience in one or more of the following:
- Network troubleshooting of complex issues, such as IPSec, VXLan, FWs, Load Balancing and DNS
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and thin client architectures
- Security administration to include enterprise antivirus, malware detection, intrusion detection and audit solutions.
- Open-Source tools, such as Snort
- Cloud technologies, such as OpenStack, Hadoop, and Cloudera
- Amazon Web Services platforms and solutions
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.