Leidos has an immediate career opening for a seasoned Computer Programmer in support of the 526th Intelligence Squadron (526 IS) at Nellis AFB, NV. Candidates must possess a TS/SCI security clearance.
• Position is responsible for working with Modeling and Simulation Team to determine, analyze, and develop requirements for software systems through interpreting standards, specifications, and user needs as a system analyst
• Provide project management to maintain and control the scope, budget, schedules, resources, risk, and issue resolution in compliance with guidelines to include but not limited to Web Architecture; Content Management; Load Balancing; High Availability Integration; API and Web Service Management; Database Architecture; Performance Tuning; Content Distribution; Software Design; and Technology Evaluation
• Collaborates with customer’s technical leads and intelligence analyst regarding requirement elicitation, and documentation and acceptance criteria in fast-paced agile environment
• Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
• Makes daily product decisions, works on a collaborative team, pairs with team members, and helps ensure user satisfaction using Lean and Agile methodologies. Understands user needs and solves the right problems to deliver new or improved products and services that meet the needs of the Air Force
• Develops and writes/codes new (or modifies existing) computer applications, software, or specialized utility programs following software assurance best practices
• Ensures compliance with DoD directives and standards for security and interoperability. Protects operating systems, application software, files, and databases from unauthorized access to sensitive information, or misuse of communication-computer resources
• Troubleshoot software errors and technical issues in development, QA, and production environments
• Translate user requirements into technical solutions
• Collaborate with back-end engineers to develop software products that transform global missions
• Assist with code reviews to proactively identify potential vulnerabilities, and follow-up with tooling to prevent future vulnerabilities
• BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Proficiency with web application technologies and Web Content Management System (WCSM).
• Understanding and experience performing programming functions such as designing, coding, testing, or documenting software.
• Knowledge of Agile/Lean Development methodologies.
• Familiarity with network protocols required (TCP/IP, UDP, DIS, etc.)
• Understanding of DevOps best practices.
• Active TS/SCI clearance.
• Familiarity with Modeling and Simulation
• Experience with SQL Server, PowerShell Scripting, Docker, Kubernetes, GitHub, Cloud Automation, Rest API, JSON, SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Ansible, and other Microsoft development tools
• Previous working experience with the Air Force Intelligence Community (AFIC)
• Working experience with GIS such as ArcGIS, RemoteView, Google Map, FADE/MIST, Modern Air Combat Environment, Automated Scripter Simulator Exercise Trainer, and any spatial database related software
• Experience in writing database stored procedures
• Working knowledge of reporting tools
• Experience working in agile Scrum environment
• Knowledge of DevSecOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline and tools
• Working experience deploying software in an OnPrem and Cloud environment is required (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Improve upon and further integrate the Secure Development Lifecycle (SDLC) into product design and engineering efforts
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.