Develop software interfacing to hardware, collecting sensor measurements, and executing optimal estimation, computer vision, and machine learning algorithms in soft real-time environments. Decipher raw binary data streams, develop multi-threaded applications, and optimize system computation and resources to demonstrate cutting-edge algorithms in real-time.
Join the Applied Science Division in Huntsville, AL and solve some of the most pressing challenges our troops face in theater. Our team’s mission is to: (1) develop and demonstrate new alternative navigation technologies to meet urgent military operational needs to operate in GPS-challenged environments, and (2) rapidly transition this technology to operational platforms to outpace the adversary threats currently being faced in the field. Projects involve small teams of engineers working together in spiral or agile development environments to meet aggressive customer schedules aimed at near-term field demonstrations of emerging capabilities. Our core competencies include sensor fusion, computer vision, HW/SW integration, and machine learning. Typical customers include Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) engineering centers, Office of Naval Research (ONR), and Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL). We are looking for a candidate seeking exposure to a wide variety of software engineering tasks, eager to learn, and desiring career mentorship and guidance.
- Integrate sensors and computing platforms over various electrical interfaces (e.g. RS232, RS422, SPI, I2C, TCP/IP, etc)
- Execute novel algorithms for optimal estimation and/or computer vision.
- Develop perception algorithms using inputs from visible, infrared, radar, and LiDAR sensors to generate navigation measurements for use in sensor fusion algorithms
- Transition algorithms for real-time edge execution on various System on Chips (CPU/GPU, CPU/TPU, etc.)
- Support field demonstrations of vision software on various manned and unmanned vehicles
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- BS degree in a scientific field such as computer science, math, data science, physics, or engineering with 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in C/C++ with additional experience in Python and MATLAB
- Confident working in a Linux development environment
- Willingness to travel to customer sites and test facilities (typically 1 week of travel or less per quarter)
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Experience developing software interfacing to sensors or other electrical components
- Control Theory or Optimal Estimation background
- Experience developing Extended Kalman Filters
- Experience with computer vision libraries such as OpenCV
- Experience working with the Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Previously developed algorithms that process camera imagery
- Experience working and collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams, including leading and mentoring small technical teams
- Existing US security clearance (Secret or above)
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.