Exciting opportunity to join a team of Energy Advisors executing Hawaii Energy’s incentive programs and advisory services to businesses to accelerate the implementation of energy efficiency projects. The Energy Advisor will work closely with key customers to overcome barriers to implementing energy efficiency projects. The Energy Advisor will be responsible for developing customer and contractor relationships, serving as a trusted advisor to electric customers to drive the early adoption of energy efficiency and conservation measures.
- Serve as a trusted Energy Advisor for commercial customers looking to participate in energy efficiency, energy conservation, and energy management. Customer property types by the Energy Advisor may include but will not be limited to multifamily buildings, new construction/major renovation developments, entertainment/public assembly, and warehouses.
- Collect required documentation from customers and/or contractors for incentives and process incentives for payment
- Become a subject matter expert on Hawai‘i Energy’s programs and processes, energy-efficient technologies, energy management, and energy industry trends
- Work with customers and contractors to track, measure, and report energy and demand savings resulting from energy efficiency projects incentivized by the Hawai‘i Energy program
- Develop strong relationships with customers and industry stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal teams and external stakeholders to identify barriers to participation in energy efficiency or energy management for commercial customers and develop solutions to increase participation in Hawai‘i Energy’s programs
- Coordinate and/or conduct training and educational seminars around Hawai‘i Energy programs, incentives, equipment types, or other topics
- Utilize Salesforce for tracking projects and customer engagement
- Occasional travel to neighbor islands and working on night and weekends at public events may be required
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 – 4 years of experience in energy or energy efficiency or Master’s degree with less than two years of relevant experience
- Strong understanding and background in commercial and/or residential development and construction
- Basic understanding of the energy industry with the ability to become a subject matter expert
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including effectively presenting complex and/or technical information to a wide audience
- Possess a client-first attitude and be a relentless internal client champion with demonstrated experience building and managing relationships to reach a shared objective and drive towards desired business outcomes
- Self-starter and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Passionate about and committed to the Hawai‘i Energy mission and goals
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle to meet with customers and conduct site visits
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, or related sciences field
- Experience with energy modeling and simulations
- CEM, LEED AP, or other energy and sustainability certifications
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Excel and pivot tables
- Experience using Salesforce for customer relationship management
- Experience in data analytics and reporting
About Hawai‘i Energy
For over 10 years, Hawai‘i Energy has empowered island families and businesses to make smart energy choices by educating them about the many, lasting benefits of clean energy. We encourage and reward practical everyday energy-saving decisions that save money, grow our economy and reduce the demand for electricity. Our team members are committed to our mission and supporting Hawai‘i’s goal to achieve 100% clean energy by 2045. The Hawai‘i Energy program is administered by Leidos, Inc. under a contract with the Hawai‘i Public Utilities Commission. For more information, visit www.hawaiienergy.com
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.