The Physical Security Specialist provides general physical security knowledge with an emphasis in industrial and physical security standards for our IC and DoD customers. Employee will assist in planning and managing the overall efficiency and effectiveness of SCIF accreditation and oversight operations. The position supports with accredit, re-accredit, and de-accredit sensitive compartmented information facilities (SCIFs). You are also independent and under minimal supervision, continuously triaging and prioritizing your projects, develop and contribute to the team, communicate clearly, think outside the box, and deliver solutions that facilitate our customer's mission. The position also requires familiarity with the ICD 705.
- Primary resource (organic and electronic) custodian for the Industrial and Physical Security Programs.
- Manage and oversee the SCIF and Collateral Area lifecycle from concept to completion, planning and construction, operation and management, and mission conclusion.
- Reference and use DoD and IC security directives, instructions, standards, and guidelines to enforce compliance and mitigate security risks.
- Familiarity with ICD 705 and SCIF accreditation processes and requirements.
- Provide recommendations to accredit and de-accredit SCIFS, Compartmented Areas, and Collateral Areas in support of the Life Cycle Management efforts.
- Ensure that all contractor areas CONUS and OCONUS have met all DoD and IC standards for processing, handling and storing Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Collateral classified information prior to formal accreditation as a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) or security area.
- Analyze complex physical security issues and provide cost-effective recommendations that meet policy requirements.
- Prepare and review Fixed Facility Checklists and documentation supporting the SCIF accreditation process, compartmented area approval and secure area approval process.
- Draft, review, and maintain internal policy documents, standard operating procedures, and instructional handouts pertaining to Physical and Industrial Security.
- Evaluate and provide written impact statements and make recommendations when deviations from standards are discovered for all SCIFs and collateral areas both government and contractor CONUS and OCONUS.
- Provide security recommendations and guidance for new facilities and those to be renovated.
- Perform site security surveys to determine if facilities meet requirements for SCIF accreditation.
- Inspect and provide guidance and oversight for the management of government and industry SCIFs and Collateral Areas.
- Provide oversight and audit key and lock, GSA container, and alarm testing and maintenance programs in accordance with applicable DoD and IC policy requirements.
- Provide guidance that is compliant with existing standards (e.g. access control, intrusion detection systems, locks, destruction devices, secure phones, etc.).
- Manage and operate associated Helpdesk and customer service phone lines, email accounts and messages along with other social media applications between the hours of 0800 to 1600. Adjustment of hours or operation may be adjusted to accommodate operational, and mission needs for Physical and Industrial Security needs.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelors or equivalent experience in a security related field with a minimum of 7 years to include >2 years within DoD/IC
- Basic understanding & familiarity of the physical security standards outlined in the ICD 705 and NISPOM
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment that changes daily
- Ability to collaborate with multiple chains of commands within a component/team
- ICD 705 Certification
- Understanding of security and customer guidelines for secure areas that are protec
- ted with Intrusion Detection and Access Control with TEMPEST requirements maintained for the protection of National Security Information of accredited facilities
This position has a target range for compensation of $61,000 - $71,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.