Are you interested in continuing your IT career in Radford, VA? Radford is a great small city with big opportunities!
Leidos is seeking a Cyber Security Technical Administrator who enjoys working in a dynamic fast-paced environment to support the ALTESS Contract in Radford, VA. This position can be performed primarily remotely but does require the ability to be on site in Radford, VA up to one week per month.
Security Clearance Required: DOD Secret (Fully Adjudicated), as a minimum
CompTIA Security+ (CE) Certification - Computing environment qualifications for this environment include documented training or certification on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Splunk Enterprise. Contractors have up to 6 months from appointment to the cybersecurity position to complete the computing environment requirement.
This position is for a Cybersecurity Technical Administrator supporting the ALTESS Cybersecurity Incident Response Team. ALTESS is a hosting provider for Army IT systems providing various levels of sustainment support for our hosted systems. ALTESS is also a managed service provider (MSP) for Army IT systems, and we support enterprise applications owners in migrating their systems into Microsoft Azure. We also provide sustainment services to support their applications. This position is for a cybersecurity technical administrator role to support a full range of cybersecurity services that ALTESS provides to our customers.
- As part of the Cybersecurity Division - Cyber Incident Response Team, deploy, install, manage, and operate Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Enterprise Security at PD ALTESS
- Coordinate with PD ALTESS team to ensure all devices and components report all logs to the Splunk Enterprise Security Platform and perform troubleshooting and maintenance of assets.
- Monitor DoD and Army web application security standards and best practices as well as reported/disclosed vulnerabilities. Work with internal and external customers to track, remediate, and report compliance for disclosed vulnerabilities.
- Work with a team to review Army Cyber Tasking Orders (CTOs), determine applicability and response, and incorporate required changes.
- Validate technical security controls are in place for operating systems, applications, and network appliances, and recommend enhancements
- Review proposed configuration changes for security impact
- Work with technical and policy teams to implement, maintain, and monitor technical security configuration controls, including; STIGs, SRGs, and other industry security hardening guidance.
- Work with technical and policy teams to successfully implement and manage requirements for maintaining Authority to Operate.
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
- Use results of vulnerability scans to determine vulnerabilities and develop operational plans to remediate or mitigate vulnerabilities as they are discovered.
- Interact with Army Cyber Security Service Providers and customer ISSOs/ISSMs on a regular basis.
- Mid to senior level Cybersecurity Technical Administrator experience
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT level II certification is required.
- Must possess Baseline certification as defined in DoD Instruction 8570.01-M (generally Security+ CE).
- Computing environment qualifications for this environment include documented training or certification on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Splunk Enterprise. Contractors have up to 6 months from appointment to the cybersecurity position to complete the computing environment requirement.
- Strong understanding of common cyber threat patterns, indicators of compromise, and defenses
- Strong understanding of Linux (preferred) and Windows Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team
- Ability to interpret and apply rules, regulations, and procedures
- Ability to gather, analyze, and present facts
- Basic understanding of DOD Risk Management Framework Assessment & Authorization (RMF A&A)
- Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
- Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.