The Senior Security Specialist provides technical security expertise in following security disciplines: personnel, physical/industrial, and security operations. This position requires the ability to use security concepts, principles and practices to analyze and resolve difficult and complex security issues for NGA’s SISG Division. The position requires familiarity with oversight and management of Controlled Access Programs (CAP) information and the ability to provide security guidance using DoD / IC regulations and directives required for a successful collaborative environment between NGA’s internal and external customers.
- Review and update program security databases
- Review program access requests (PARs)
- Perform Staff Assistance Visits (SAVs) with internal and external customers
- Interpret security policy on matters pertaining to processing, dissemination, and controlling of classified materials.
- Act as a liaison between NGA, other federal agencies and contractors
- Prepare and deliver verbal and written briefings to internal and external customers
- Develop the required programs and operations to support tasks or requirements for monitoring and managing security operations
- Provide the government with status reports and recommendations for decisions.
- Organize, develop and deliver concise executive-level reports and presentations.
- Experience or familiarization with Defense Information Security System (DISS), Scattered Castles, Intelligence Community Compartmented Access Request System (ICCARs), and PeopleSoft.
- Active TS/SCI clearance and ability to obtain CI Poly.
- Minimum 11 years of relevant security experience with 5 years of experience executing security programs within a government agency.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, to include both written and verbal.
- Experience briefing and collaborating directly with senior leadership.
- Experience conducting security inspections and staff assistance visits then review results and make recommendations.
- Experience with national security program directives and applicable DCID, ICD, DoD, and Executive Orders.
- Experience providing guidance in security measures and requirements, and knowledgeable in risk management assessments.
- Experience supporting Controlled Access Programs
- Experience working with policy and classification management for IC and DoD
- Experience writing and updating Standard of Operations (SOPs) involving Controlled Access Programs
This position has a target range for compensation of $78,000 - $91,000.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.