Leidos Maritime Systems Division has an opportunity for a Technical Trainer for the RADIAC, The employee will be based at San Diego, at the Point Loma Naval Base, supporting systems development at Naval Information Warfare Center, Pacific. There will be approximately 10% travel required, this position does not offer teleworking. Position requires a Secret security clearance.
Technical training support is sought for training and testing on a radiation detection system. In addition, system operation and system field testing will be required as part of the position. Training tasks include improving training materials focused on radiation detection system operations, including the planning, developing and delivering training material. Testing tasks include leading field testing and demonstrations, conduct reporting on field tests, and support stakeholders requirements discussion for improved system performance. The candidate is expected to document and present training plans using commonly accepted practices in NIWC Pac. The candidate must be able to perform routine design and test tasks independently without supervision.
- Experience in training, readiness, and logistics support.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, prototyping fast-paced environment.
- Develop test plans and perform testing for radiation detection systems.
- Develop training material focused on radiation detection system operations.
- Ability to interact with radiation scientists, electrical engineers, and other staff routinely on each project to garner requirements.
- Ability/ interest is expected to refine a design through iterative test cycles.
- Ability to document and present system test plans using commonly accepted practices in NIWC Pac.
- Perform routine design and test tasks independently without supervision.
- Effective communications skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Position requires a minimum of 12 - 15 years prior relevant technical training and testing experience. The employee must:
- Have a broad technical curiosity, with a demonstrated ability to learn new subjects and skills quickly and effectively,
- Be able to effectively interact with, articulate opinions, and receive feedback from other technical team members,
- Be well-organized, detail-oriented, self-starter with good interpersonal skills,
- Have excellent technical writing and communication skills,
- Have strong computer skills,
- Have experience reading, interpreting, and understanding engineering drawings and schematics,
- Be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- Knowledge of planning, developing and delivering training programs for technical products
- Experience in technical training of diverse personnel
- Ability to instruct complex technical topics.
- Experience in Testing of complex systems
Previous knowledge of radiation detection system test and evaluation a plus
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.