Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for an Information Technology (IT) Project Manager at Fort Meade, MD. This position is part of a large program supporting Air Combat Command’s (ACC) Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide subject matter expertise to the Air Force Communications Squadron at Fort Meade, MD. The individual will manage implementation of IT project and ensure architecture, configuration, and integration conformity. They will monitor project funds, determine implementation and support activities, coordinate and forward acquisition documents, prepare for site surveys, and determine adequacy and correctness of IT project packages and amendments. The employee monitors project status and reports status to leadership, assist implementation teams, ensures availability of logistic support, monitors status of civil engineer work requests, and manages/maintains system installation records, files, and indexes. They determine impact of scope changes to schedule and cost, prepare IT assessments, ensure technical solutions integrate with existing or proposed systems, and control/manage project milestones and budget from inception to completion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives to gain results or project deliverables. Responsible for entire projects or processes within the scope of the project
- Establish close working relationships with internal/external team members and other liaisons as needed to implement designs and/or processes to accomplish the project
- Support the management and coordination of all aspects of project development, including the initiation, prioritization and resolution of change requests and problems
- Update and maintain recurring project deliverables, files and records
- Analyze all aspects of the projects outcome, deliverables and readiness within the projects scope to enable the unit’s mission
- Ability to plan, execute, manage, and report on one or more assigned projects through successful completion
- Identify, track and manage issues and risks to assigned projects; build corrective and mitigation plans while monitoring project to a timely completion
- Participate in Management meetings, discussions, committees and special projects; produce meeting minutes as required.
- Conduct project meetings to include, but not limited t,o kick-off and close-out meetings for assigned projects
- Will follow all required guidelines provided in T.O 00-33A-1001 General Cyberspace Support Activities Management Procedures and Practice Requirements
- TS/SCI Cleared . Must be able to pass a polygraph after hiring .
- Bachelor's and 20+ years experience OR Master's and 15+ years experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of IT related experience.
- 5+ years of IT Project Management or similar experience Leading IT Initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly to shifting priorities and multi-tasking
- Knowledge of cryptologic principles or technologies
- Knowledge of infrastructure cable management design installation
- Knowledge of military policies and procedures relating to information technology
- Maintains currency of required ADLS and/or INSCOM training
- Experience with Military Construction project (MILCON)
- Certified Association in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management PMI Certification (PMP)
- Current polygraph.
- Experience with Cyberspace Infrastructure Planning System (CIPS)
- Experience with essentials for IT network security
- Experience with switching protocols
- Information Assurance DOD 85701-M IAT Level II Certification
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Experience with Air Force ISR units
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.