Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions Group in Windsor Mill, MD (Baltimore) in support of the End-User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization by adding a Technical Training Coordinator, Team Lead to our Communications, Knowledge and Training Team. Our program focuses on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solutions through a streamlined and seamless development, implementation and communication experience.
The ideal candidate for the Technical Training Coordinator, Team Lead will work to build and shape this new role, responsible for identifying, creating and conducting IT software, systems and related training programs, performing training needs assessments, designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials, tracking and measuring training requests and effectiveness, bringing innovation to the team, ECIS program and customer.
Training priorities begin with the customer and also include the ECIS team, training members to be program ready from day one. Training shall include group trainings (available quarterly for 20 or fewer employees) and/or individual requests. Approximately 30 to 50 individual training sessions, primarily through pre-recorded or created online trainings, may be available per year. At times some larger group trainings 50-100+ may be required. Training formats include web, audio, phone and in-person when situations permit.
The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter who likes to write technical and customer service-oriented documentation while also building systems, processes and teamwork to deliver this information.
An innovative mindset and the ability to identify methods and tools to use throughout the customer support process are critical for success in this role. This requirement includes working with existing processes and technologies while also bringing new ideas to the team, program, customer, and end-user.
The candidate must be able to work well within a team and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, building and responding to both short and long-term projects, deliverables, and plans. This position will have direct contact with key customer stakeholders and groups.
This position is part of a multidisciplinary communications, knowledge and training team, including technical and content writers, visual and graphic designer, multimedia videographer, knowledge specialist, training specialist and business analyst including documentation and 508 compliance.
Collaboration with others across the in-house program is critical including with project managers, IT specialists and engineers, procurement, problem management, document and quality control, service desk and web developers. This position includes working with the customer, internal program team members, subject matter experts and other program partners and contractors.
A customer service people-first mindset and approach are critical.
Under the direction of the Sr. Communications, Knowledge and Training Manager, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Supervise one (1) direct report, Technical Training Specialist.
- Coordinate the overall CMS customer facing training related to ECIS scope (IT hardware and software including computers, printers, peripherals, supplied to CMS end users).
- Coordinate the overall internal ECIS training for program team members to ensure they are program and customer ready day one, using the Leidos Workday application. This includes developing and coordinating modules, processes, workflows, deadlines, and reporting.
- Work with ECIS managers to identify training needs, content, annual/quarterly training schedules.
- Work closely with other team leads in communications, graphics, and knowledge to ensure integration of support and materials across all disciplines and in support of training materials for specific end user IT initiatives or internal for the ECIS supported CMS IT Service Desk and other teams as needed.
- Review, update, implement and maintain a customer facing, and also internal ECIS program training strategy and related curriculum/content.
- Identify training needs required through the program and further assessment of customer needs, gaps, opportunities, and trends.
- Develop and guide the production of classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids, manuals including print, digital, audio and web formats as required, using appropriate equipment and software.
- Conduct training sessions in phone/audio, web-based, or face-to-face learning, situation permitting.
- Section 508 accessibility and disability awareness training will be delivered to all program contract employees with a specialist available to assist with larger groups.
- Ensure training is provided where needed for new technologies, integrating efforts with the communications plan and means for distribution.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills in communicating complex processes into simple and easy to understand concepts.
- Provide editing and proofreading through all stages of communications, training and documentation.
- Advance processes, guidelines and standard procedures including document management, review and approval processes and quality control.
- Ensure documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for quality, content, format and style including meeting 508 compliance.
- Keep abreast of training and development research, learning theory, motivation theory and new training methods and techniques
- Bachelors or higher degree in writing, mass communications, training, teaching, curriculum, instructional design, information technology or closely related discipline
- 8+ years of experience creating, developing and delivering training curriculum
- Staff management experience, including hiring, performance management and reviews
- Ability to capture technical solutions and designs and translate in technical documentation and plain language
- Knowledge and experience with current training and documentation principles, best practices and tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop content and curriculum to diverse learning styles, audiences, and mediums
- Ability to ensure documentation that is customer facing meets 508 compliance requirements, including coordination of compliance checks with the program’s 508 specialist(s)
- Ability to research, organize, document processes and workflows in a concise and useable manner
- Ability to manage multiple assignments while ensuring technical accuracy and fact checking, adherence to documentation standards, and a timely delivery of all work products
- Demonstrated ability to use varying styles, approaches, skills, and techniques that reflect an understanding and acceptance of the role of culture in a diverse, multicultural workplace
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office, Adobe, other commonly used office products and systems
- Strong verbal and presentation skills including with diverse audiences, job types, high level of comfort speaking in front of groups, facilitating complex conversations and working across multiple levels of leadership.
- Ability to learn hardware/software programs with minimal support
- Attention to detail, ability to self-manage, check own work, and maintain quality
- Desire to bring innovation and creative thinking to projects to meet new goals and outcomes
- Ability to work within a team and independently, working methodically to meet deadlines
- Strong collaboration skills
- Must be able to work additional hours on occasion
- Ability to travel locally required and at times regionally or nationally as requested and when the situation permits
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- Ability to work to 508 compliance
- Experience with human centered design (HCD) framework
- Experience working with agile project management including in Jira and Confluence environments
- Experience working with vendors for curriculum development or training delivery and implementation
- Experience in a similar working environment helpful but not required as new thinking
from other industries or work environments considered a plus
Portfolio of work may be requested (print or digital acceptable) as part of the initial application process.
Pay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.