Leidos is looking for a senior Cyber Analyst to join our Security Operations Center (SOC) in support of our customer at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
The Detection Engineer will develop detections based on intelligence available, then research and assist in implementing new detection methods. This Detection Engineer will ensure that malicious activity will be detected within the environment. The DE is responsible for quality assurance of detections including filtering for potential false positives, mapping detections to MITRE ATT&CK framework, and specific campaigns/APTs when applicable. The Detection Engineer will work closely with other analysts to ensure detections are relevant to the current threat landscape. DE will work closely with the SIEM team to make recommendations for tuning and detection enhancements. The DE will evaluate the quality of data resulting from detections and ensure that the output of a detection leads to a meaningful investigation.
- Configure tools to detect atomic, computed or behavioral indicators based on generated tactical intelligence across SOC’s detection sensors such as Logging Infrastructure (SIEM, Connector/Forwarder, Data Stream Processing, etc.), Security Sensors (NIDS/NIPS, EDR, Email Protection, etc.), or SOAR.
- Develop and implement detection feedback processes - e.g., tuning false positives, etc.
- Ensure data quality meets completeness and consistency.
- Research new data source identification and configuration recommendations to facilitate detection of adversary activities.
- Use machine learning and pattern analysis to improve detection of specific types of threats.
Hiring of this position is dependent on the customer approving the candidate, and the candidate passing the agency security checking process prior to starting. The position will support core hours and have some flexibility to telework approximately 50% of the time, pending approval of the customer.
- Requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level; experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable.
- Prior experience performing as a SOC analyst
- Prior experience performing similar application security functions
- Working knowledge of SIEM solutions and incident management solutions
- Technical understanding of core cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- CEH, GCIH, or relevant IT technology certification
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vector, and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Familiarity with the NOAA mission.
- Must be US Citizen.
- Must be able to maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance (Interim Top Secret or adjudicated Secret acceptable).
- Fairmont, WV
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.