Varec, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is looking to add a Sustainment Analyst to our team. Varec is a worldwide leader in fuels management systems for total asset visibility and control, supplying integrated hardware and software solutions to oil and gas, defense and aviation markets. With its headquarters and manufacturing facility outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Varec also has offices in Virginia, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.varec.com
The Sustainment Analyst will be joining the Varec EPoS program, supporting the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). The EPoS (Electronic Point-of-Sale) and support services adds to the work Varec already does for DLA, and the EPoS system will support both manned and unmanned service stations, ensuring real time data is captured to provide a fully automated enterprise fuels management system.
The preference is for this individual to be local in the Peachtree Corners, GA area (Company HQ) and able to come onsite, as needed. Will consider full remote/telework candidates, based on experience. This individual must be able to occasionally travel onsite.
Duties and Responsibilities: (This role spans both hardware and software monitoring and maintenance)
- Monitor the pedestal attendant dashboard and Tier III open tickets for issues
- Perform daily research of all deployed pedestals for any potential operational issues.
- Develop new processes and scripts for gleaning information provided by Enterprise or Splunk.
- Create trouble ticket cases for any confirmed operational issue assigning the case to the correct party for resolution.
- Follow up to ensure cases get resolved in the appropriate timeframes.
- Provide input to weekly deliverables reporting sustainment activities.
- Collaborate with development and testing related to issues encountered in production.
- Consolidate release posture of the deployed production pedestals.
- Works with System Engineering to track patching requirements and delivery
- Evaluates, Tracks, monitors and oversee software releases
- Works with Vendor to ensure timely release, resolve questions and facilitate delivery
- Reports on release status and release schedule
- Ensure releases are deployed per schedule, contain required documentation and no documented defects
- Notify Varec Sustainment and Test Lead and prepare documentation submission to government
- Oversee and maintain Varec test environment status
- Works with Test Lead for storing release information
- Works with Sr. System Engineer, and I/A team to evaluate ACAS releases, compliance and validation
- Tracks, maintains and reports software configuration baselines across pedestals
Education and Experience:
- Must have BS Degree and 2-4 years of experience or MS Degree with less than 2 years of experience. Will consider additional years of experience in replacement of degree.
- Must posses CompTIA A+ certification or Network+ certification; or the ability to obtain.
- Must have Linux Essentials certification (CompTIA Linux+); or the ability to obtain.
- Information Technology Access Level (IT-2); or the ability to obtain.
- Possess a technical background
- Self-starter and able to collaborate with team members to resolve issues
- Experience with monitoring software or hardware
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Experience researching issues, root cause analysis, summarizing and presenting results
- Ability to develop scripts for analyzing logs or information
- Understands Maintenance of software and/or hardware solutions
- Familiar with Help Desk tickets, response times and use in sustainment
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.