Java Software Developer with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems. Based in DevOps framework, participate in and/or direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
• Participate in software programming initiatives to support innovation and enhancement, using Java, Hibernate, SpringBoot
• Developing and directing software system validation and testing methods using Junit and Katalon
• Coordinate closely with Scrum PMs, teammates and cross-functional areas to communicate project statuses and initiatives
• Analyze data and code to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or modifications to existing systems
• Support the Agile software development lifecycle
• Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments
• Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness
• Develop and execute project plans. Leverage Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities
• Apply best practices and standard operating procedures
• Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers
• Participate in the development of documentation
• Expert understanding of microservices architecture and cloud implementations, using Amazon Web Services
• Use of industry leading tools like Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Unix bash scripting
• Expert knowledge of the software development lifecycle
• In-depth experience with common Agile practices, service-orientated environments, and better development practices
• In-depth experience working in an Agile environment
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Well versed with using version control systems
• Well versed with using issue/problem tracking systems
Positions requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May consider work experience in lieu of a degree
Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.