Looking for an exciting new step in your IT career?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting COMSEC Custodian opportunity working onsite at our customer’s office located in Washington, D.C.
- An experienced COMSEC Custodian/NSSP Support Technician to support an agency’s NSSP/COMSEC programs that manage departments access to Classified National Security Information and Emergency Communications Services.
- Provide scheduled reporting on COMSEC and NSSP inventories, incidents, and related problem management.
- Provide COMSEC and NSSP incident and problem management.
- Operate the KMI system and maintain internal USDA Secure Communication device tracking database
- Coordinate security clearance verifications
- Provide COMSEC Training / Briefings to COMSEC Users and assist users with utilizing secure communications conference rooms / secure video teleconference platforms / secure audio telecommunication systems.
- Conduct Periodic Testing of Secure Communications Systems and providing preventative Maintenance.
- Participate in Communications Exercises and COOP activities.
- Assist clients with specialized needs and supporting Agency’s access to the State Message Archival Retrieval Tool (SMART) System.
- Assist with the operation and management of HSDN PKI Program to include performing in the role of “Trusted Agent”, managing program user tokens, and providing user training.
- Interface with other government agencies to coordinate message deliveries.
- MS Office proficient
- Have 4+ years of COMSEC Management Experience
- Have a Top Secret (TS) clearance with SCI eligibility
- Completed IAEC 2112 (NSA COMSEC Managers Course) or be required to complete within 6 months of assignment
- Completed the KMI Management Client (MGC) Operator Training Course or be required to complete within 6 months of assignment
- Have an understanding of COMSEC Devices such as: KG 175D, KY 99M, KIK-30 RASKL, Secure Terminal Equipment (STE), Iridium Secure Satellite, Secure Fax Machines, VIPER Secure Telephones, and DMCC Secure Mobile Devices.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have a Top Secret (TS) clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related field
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.