The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a dynamic Senior Electrical Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team.
This is potentially a remote position. Must be located or willing to self relocate to the eastern part of the US.
In the role of Electrical Engineer you will support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Eastern Service Area (ESA) FAA Terminal Engineering Center in College Park, GA in designing, cost estimating, scheduling, engineering, coordination, contracting, installation oversite, inspection, and acceptance of electrical systems/services as part of the Eastern Service Area (ESA) implementation of a wide variety of NAS Terminal programs and projects, which include of the electrical generator replacement, uninterruptable power supply (UPS), and critical power distribution systems (CPDS). The projects will range over the geographic scope of the ESA and ensure accuracy of design, products, and timeliness of project completion.
Senior Electrical Engineer Primary Responsibilities
- Plan and design electrical systems for a variety of FAA buildings and structures.
- Perform on-site surveys to develop “to-scale” designs and detailed reports,
- Generate sketches showing relation of proposed installation in existing or new facilities with exact specifications and dimensions.
- Test and analyze power systems and participate in construction inspections and final inspections
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to identify and resolve problems with the design or implementation.
- Coordinate design components with a multi-disciplinary team and generate drawings, wiring diagrams, and wiring schematics as required for site-specific modifications and new construction.
- Prepare Autocad construction drawings and prepare site-specific specifications and contract documents and independent cost estimates.
- Perform project management related tasks and communication (including safety plans, sequence of work, cutover plans).
- Generate and coordinate the Integrated Risk Management Checklists (IRMC), communication plans, project risk register, to meet Operational Risk Management (ORM) requirements.
- Coordinate and complete Work Permits required for potential impact to lead and asbestos that may be encountered during construction.
- Participate in meetings inclusive of the pre-construction meeting and on-site construction meetings with stakeholders to coordinate electrical systems with other ongoing construction and projects.
Senior Electrical Engineer Basic Qualifications:
- Must have an Electrical Engineering or Power related degree from an ABET accredited College/University
- At least 8 years of experience designing electrical distribution for commercial, industrial and/or government facilities, including standby engine generator and un-interruptible power systems (UPS)
- Must have experience with power system analysis software such as EDSA Power Analytics and SKM Systems Analysis Power Tools.
- Must be able to conduct and interpret power studies.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the Internet as a gathering and communicating tool.
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD / MICROSTATION.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.