Leidos is seeking a Sr. Big Data Developer for Baltimore location. The Senior Big Data Developer shall have extensive experience in Design, implementation; support data ingestion, and consumption pipelines for enterprise-scale datasets using Big Data tools, such as Kafka, Spark, Oozie, Hive, MapReduce, Flume, Pig, Scala, Python, and Java. Establish frameworks for quickly rolling out new data analysis for standalone sprint-driven Agile projects for stakeholders. Demonstrate a deep knowledge of, and ability to operationalize, lead data technologies and best practices. Partner end-to-end with business users and Data Scientists to understand customer requirements, design prototypes and present the analytical result in business intelligence tools. The candidate shall also possess strong oral and written communications skills.
Your passion and values might be a good fit for our teams if you answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Are you looking for a company that puts employees first, with a focus on career, flexibility, and well-being?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teammates and believe that the best ideas are fostered in an inclusive environment?
- Are you searching for a team with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive for daily mission success?
- Are you comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership?
- Do you enjoy being a catalyst, solving complex problems, and providing innovative solutions?
- Do you have the flexibility, creativity, and resilience to pivot the mission for success?
- Do you have the courage to make tough ethical decisions with pride, transparency, and respect?
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our teams are dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Experienced engineers will be assigned to new hires for one-on-one mentoring, collaborative code reviews, and coaching on customer engagement to help each new hire successfully onboard and demonstrate their skills. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and will help you further develop your skillset.
Foundation for Success (Basic Qualifications):
This experience is the foundation a candidate needs to be successful in this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Masters or Doctorate degree may substitute for required experience
- 7+ years of experience with programming and designing software with Java
- 4+ years of experience on an Agile development team, preferable Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Factors to Help You Shine (Required Skills):
These skills will help you succeed in this position:
- Extensive working experience with HDFS, Spark, Spark Streaming, Oozie, Hive, Kafka, Kafka Message Queues, Splunk, Flume, Pig, Scala, and Sqoop.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Java/J2EE programming including Hadoop MapReduce.
- Experience with Object Oriented Design (OOD), Object-oriented programming (OOP) and development, data structures and design patterns.
- Strong knowledge, implementation skills, and experience with security processes involving Java-Hadoop communication, Spark Streaming, and Kafka.
- Experience working in highly productive Agile/Scrum software development environment using tools like Version One and ability to apply best practices with industry standards throughout the software development phase.
- Experience with REST API development using Spring Boot framework and JWT Security.
- Extensive experience with Linux environment and development using Shell Script and Python.
- Proficiency working in Cloud-based development environment using OpenShift containers and Jenkins CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience with traditional relational databases as well as NoSQL database design and troubleshooting (HBase, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL).
- Experience with version control software such as Git/Bitbucket.
- Experience with complex programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolution issues within HDFS.
How to Stand Out from the Crowd (Desired Skills)
Showcase your knowledge of modern development through the following experience or skills:
- Communication skills to present ideas and concepts effectively; strong and proven problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical and analytical documentation skills.
- Self-starter, highly motivated individual, a team player who adapts to a dynamic work environment, and the ability to mentor others.
- Able to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to investigate/research issues, determines impact, and provide solutions
- Experience running on a cloud environment with Cloud Computing such as AWS.
- Exposure to writing Technical White Papers and systems design documents.
- Prior experience with Federal or State government IT projects
Day to Day Responsibilities:
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams and contribute to our communities. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Find your “Why” with us!
- The candidate will be responsible for Design, build and maintenance of security-enabled Big Data workflows/pipelines to process billions of records into and out of our Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- The candidate will engage in sprint requirements and design discussions.
- The candidate will be proactive in troubleshooting and resolving data processing issues.
- The candidate should be highly accountable, self-starter; possess strong sense of urgency; can work autonomously with limited direction.
- All other duties as assigned or directed
Education & Qualifications
- Master’s degree and 5+ years of experience in a training-related field or bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience in a training-related field
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust.
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world. Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.