The Guidance Navigation and Control Branch of the Leidos Innovation Center provides cutting-edge navigation for customers who can’t rely on GPS alone, and we need your help in the Rocket City (Huntsville, AL)! This position offers both analytic and hands-on tasks, including development, simulation, analysis, and field testing of navigation algorithms. We perform research, development, and advanced prototyping for DARPA, NASA, Air Force Research Laboratory, Office of Naval Research, and Army Combat Capabilities Development Command engineering centers. These customers need to get our advanced technology into the field! You’ll work with other engineers in small teams using spiral or agile development to meet aggressive schedules aimed at near-term field demonstrations. Are you excited about making advanced technologies work in the real world? Then we want you on our team!
For more information about the work we do, please visit: https://www.leidos.com/products/assured-positioning-navigation-and-timing
- Analyze algorithms for real-time GPS-denied navigation of robotic platforms
- Navigate a variety of platforms, including aircraft, ships, ground vehicles, and pedestrians
- Fuse simulated and real-world sensor inputs from inertial sensors, GPS, altimeters, cameras, lidar, odometers, and ranging radios
- Work within a team of 3-5 engineers to test algorithms on demonstration hardware
- Travel with the team to demonstrate systems in real-world conditions; typically lasts 1-2 weeks and occurs 3-4 times a year
- Bachelor’s degree in advanced technical field (electrical engineering, software engineering, aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or equivalent) and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or master’s degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience with one or more sensor fusion algorithms: extended Kalman filters, unscented Kalman filters, particle filters, or factor graphs
- Programming & analysis experience in MATLAB
- US Citizen able to obtain & maintain a Secret security clearance after hiring
- Master’s or PhD Degree in one of the majors listed above
- Experience with one or more of the sensors listed above
- Experience deploying navigation algorithms to real-time applications
- Experience with computer vision techniques like feature matching, SLAM, and visual odometry
- Experience with machine learning, particularly convolutional neural networks
- Experience with Linux, C++, and/or Python
- Experience with version control tools, especially Git or Subversion
- Experience with autonomous system development through robotics competitions
- Existing US security clearance (Secret or above)
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.