Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Planning and Programs Manager to manage and lead programs in San Diego, CA. As part of our team, you will focus on innovative applications of ocean remote and insitu sensing systems and signal processing.
As a Senior Programs and Planning Manager (SPPM), you’ll directly support the Naval Hydrodynamics Branch under the Applied Science Division by achieving program objectives and interfacing with customers; you will have an opportunity to serve as a supervisor in our rapidly growing team as well. Responsibilities include day-to-day operations support of contract, subcontract, finance, security, staffing, and procurement. The SPPM will monitor and manage programs’ performance, risk, cost, and schedule; quality review, submission of deliverables and preparation of contract modification proposals (technical and cost). The ideal candidate will possess superior analytical and problem-solving skills, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, be a strong team player, and establish solid working relationships with technical staff and peers within the organization and without. Experience in communications and sensor systems (e.g. radar, EO/IR, sonar, lidar); hardware/software fabrication; vehicle/platform system integration; and/or test and evaluation is a plus.
- Execute all facets of program management for multiple contracts (i.e., cost, schedule, reporting, engagement etc.)
- Support and lead marketing and business development initiatives engaging with customers
- Manage multiple classified projects, and coordinate resources between efforts, directing complex and cross functional planning
- Provide supervisory assistance
- Design final reports, decision briefs, and assist in development of trend/analysis reports.
- Evaluate and provide input into strategic organizational planning
- Participate in strategic assessment and budget/plan development, including development/assignment of team members
- Provide accurate program forecasting/team assignments
- Provide effective deadline management and workload prioritization (team-wide)
- Support recruiting and hiring efforts for the Branch
- Review risk and mitigation activities of programs and propose budgets for same
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- BA/BS with 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience
- Must possess a current DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance single-scope background investigation.
- PMP certification
- Experience executing PM activities (e.g., cost, schedule, customer engagement etc.
- Business development and capture experience (e.g., DoD proposal experience
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Adaptability to new challenges with a strong motivation to grow and learn in new areas
- Experience translating functional requirements into tasks and demonstrated success executing those tasks
- Supervisory experience
- Familiarity with radar, EO/IR and/or sonar systems and their applications
Pay Range:Pay Range $124,800.00 - $192,000.00 - $259,200.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.