Leidos has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Telecommunications Technician to work as part of a team providing Communications for the Infrastructure and Deactivation & Remediation contractors at the DOE Portsmouth (Piketon, Ohio) site. The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and Unity Voicemail, NEC SV9500, fiber and copper plant facilities and Wireless Access Point design, testing and troubleshooting among others.
- Support moves/adds/changes within the CUCM and NEC phone systems.
- Maintain copper and fiber plant facilities, to include: design, install, terminate and repair multi strand fiber and copper communications cables (aerial and duct bank) along with maintenance of legacy copper facilities.
- Establish voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating and splicing cables following industry standards.
- Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment and alarms. Identifies, corrects or escalates problems encountered.
- Assists with deployment and testing/troubleshooting of wireless network Access Points.
- Provide user support and troubleshoot user reports of issues within the communications systems.
- Support Cyber Security compliance and audit preparation in coordination with the Cyber Security Team.
- Consults with internal departments to identify customer needs.
- Assists with maintaining network documentation and device property accountability.
Basic Qualifications & Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and 3 – 5 years of prior relevant experience.
- Telephone system installation, programming, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Network wiring practices – installation, termination and troubleshooting.
- Data networks and systems
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE ‘Q’ security clearance
- Microsoft Office experience
- Working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Unity Connection
- Cisco Analog voice gateway deployment
- NEC Univerge SV8500/SV9500
- PRI and SIP trunking experience
- Fiber termination, splicing and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of network port level switching protocols (TCP/IP, VLAN, ACL and port security)
- Mitel 5000
- Ekahau wireless network analyzer
- DOE site experience
- Active DOE Q clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,800.00 - $72,000.00 - $97,200.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.