The Defense Group at Leidos is currently seeking a Mission Command Trainer - Instructor to be located at Fort Bliss, TX. This position requirement provides Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the design, development, delivery, and maintenance of training curriculum for Warfighter Readiness systems under the supervision of the Cyber Training & Sustainment Branch, Training & Support Division.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- In support of specified Warfighter Readiness requirements, perform Total Package Fielding (TPF) functions
- Interface directly with Government customers as the primary technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) on any related matter.
- Troubleshoot system problems and/or integration issues, determine system solution in accordance with customer needs, and recommend actions to customer for system solutions.
- Perform engineering assessments of new equipment and software upgrades for integration into required systems.
- Develop and improve operations processes/practices for each location based on best practices across the program and through peer and management collaboration.
- Develop lesson materials and conduct on-site field training of operations personnel on newly developed/implemented system procedures.
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4 or more years of experience. Additional directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Must have a minimum of 2 of the following to be considered for the position; CompTIA (Security=, Network+, Linux+, CCNA or IT Networking).
- Experience in fault detection, isolation and correction of computer systems and individual peripheral devices
- Capable of performing analysis of system operation, have knowledge of and experience in the utilization of operating system and database management systems
- Possess a working knowledge in performing analysis of systems’ operation
- Proficient in installing, configuring, repairing, and troubleshooting networks, Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office, CPOF Repository, CPOF Data Bridge, and CPOF MidTier
- Familiar with basic Networking skills, IP Routing, Switching, Multi-cast routing, TBC Suite of Systems such as Battle Command Common Services (BCCS), Battle Command Server (BCS), Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Domain Controllers, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint MOSS configuration and operations, Tactical NETOPS, network troubleshooting and architecture. Also, the administering of Command Post of the Future (CPOF) Remote Admin Voice Server, Master Server, Backups, Data-bridge Server, MidTier Servers and VMware ESXi/vSphere 5/6
- Strong background with interoperability support on various Mission Command systems such as Fire Support Command and Control Family (Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data Systems (AFATDS) (Forward Observer System (FOS), Pocket Sized Forward Entry Device (PFED), Centaur, Gun Display Unit-Replacement (GDU-R), Sustainment System Mission Command (SSMC), Battle Command and Sustainment Support System (BCS3), Force XXI Battle Command Brigade and Below (FBCB2), Joint Battle Command Platform (JBC-P), Warfighter Information Network – Tactical (WIN-T), and Distributed Common Ground Systems-Army (DCGS-A)
- Ability to provide technical support in the tactical field environment and act as a digital systems engineer (DSE) subject matter expert
- Understanding in how the Army employs/deploys ABCS (at the different echelons), and for what purpose.
- Strong background in technical writing; an understanding in how military training is developed I.e., knowing how to build, create and put together a student user manual (SUM), know how to create
- Understands/familiar with Layer 2 concepts (VLANs, MAC Addressing)
- Understands/familiar with Layer 3 concepts (Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, DMVPN), IP subnetting)
- Understands/familiar with TCP/IP protocol model/OSI reference model
- Understands/familiar with command line interface and syntax of Cisco, Brocade, and Windows operating systems
- Palo Alto Networking, Firewall, Configuration and Management
Network Operations, Security, and Administration
- Understands/familiar with IA and Network Security technologies (network scanning, Firewalls, Host and Network Intrusion Prevention and Detection)
- Understands/familiar with Network Operations (configuration management, network monitoring, fault isolation and remediation)
- Understands/familiar with Windows Server (installation, configuration, operation)
- Understands/familiar with virtualization technologies (installation, configuration, operation of ESXi and VMWare)
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.