At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Defense Group at Leidos has an exciting opportunity as Senior Systems Engineer on our DoD ABIS 1.3 and BEC-1 contracts supporting the Product Manager, Biometrics Enabling Capability (PdM BEC) for the Department of Defense. This position is performed out of Fairmont, WV for our customers in the Washington, DC area [Fort Belvoir, MD] and Clarksburg, WV [DFSC BOD].
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Drive thought leadership thru inclusion, collaboration, and mentorship of technical talent across DoD ABIS
- Work in tandem with the Program Manager and Chief Engineer to lead and develop innovative solutions in support of capture and on contract growth efforts, to include evaluating tradeoffs of solutions against cost, schedule, function, quality, and other evaluation criteria
- Develop highly innovative solutions to resolve complex problems through the application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation, and integration of best practices.
- As member of the technical staff, lead the efforts to design, develop, test, and deploy the various environments, sub-environments and components that will comprise the BEC-1 environments.
- Provide hands-on engineering support to migrate a complex biometric application from a hybrid on-prem/cloud infrastructure to a cloud-native architecture.
- Provide support for various government engagements at all levels, supporting challenges faced in operations, innovations, and executive level briefings
- Mentor and coach technical staff
- Responsible for communicating with the customer all along the design and implementation phases of the program. As the design is refined, the Senior System Engineer, in collaboration with the Chief Engineer, should be communicating with appropriate members of PdM BEC and DFSC BOD to ensure they understand the design decisions and why choices have been made.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Engineering, Science, or Technology or related technical area and 8 -12 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 6-10 year of prior relevant experience.
- Active Top Secret security clearance or able to obtain TS/SCI clearance
- Breadth of experience and/or expertise in biometrics, systems and network administration/engineering, cloud architecture, software application and service delivery
- Must have proven track record of creative problem solving, and outcome-based delivery of meaningful innovations.
- Experience identifying, developing, and implementing engineering change solutions with new technology and solutions on a large enterprise national scale
- Experience with large programs, and performing technology assessments, trade studies, analysis of alternatives, and creating capability roadmaps.
- Working knowledge of data analytics, algorithms, and modeling to solve analytically complex operational challenges
- Demonstrated ability to work in a customer environment collaboratively through constraints to meet mission milestones
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and management to include presentation and experience discussing technology at meetings, conferences, etc.
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes with the ability to work independently and in teams
- Experience leading the development of solutions for proposals, writing white papers, RFI responses.
- DoD Experience
- Experience with large biometric collection, matching, processing systems
- Understanding of key business activities including business development, capture & program management.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate or Professional
- CISSP, CCNA, Red Hat
- DoD 8570 certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.