The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Maintenance Supervisor for the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) Product Support Contract in support of a Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) team at Fort Bliss, TX. The Leidos Team Lead is responsible for providing THAAD system support through consultation with the supported unit, corrective actions, oversight and integration support of existing hardware, software, and network configurations. Additional responsibilities to sustain customer missions at remote or deployed sites will be required.
The selected candidate will serve as Team Manager for all assigned team members including Automation Technicians, Multi-Purpose Maintainers, and Supply Services Technicians to provide maintenance support to US Army THAAD units.
The selected candidate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Government property management and logistical support, and managing the execution of internal and externally provided processes and procedures.
• Analyzing training needs and developing courses of action to address them, providing On-The-Job training and qualifying team members for field support duties.
• Developing schedules and identifying support requirements in support of the end-user’s mission and goals.
• Supports and recommends courses of action to the customer in managing and monitoring the maintenance and sustainment program to include, but not limited to: scheduling and conducting services, configuration and data management, troubleshooting, and HW/SW installation.
• Communicates with personnel and organizations within and outside of own organization.
• Support the end-user’s training programs through collaboration with our customer’s program partners to ensure highly trained and competent service members.
• Understand the customer's expectations and perceptions in order to provide the best support possible; focusing on mission, values, and goals.
• Demonstrate discipline, adaptability, attention to detail, sound judgement, initiative, and ability to foster collaboration.
• Provides input to promotion, performance, and rewards decisions for direct reports.
• Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes and teams.
• Contribute to Root Cause Analysis and failure troubleshooting that are above the level of the end-user to include, but not limited to: software, hardware, interconnecting cabling, electrical system, and networks.
• Recommend courses of action to the customer, end-user, and peers based on experiential knowledge.
• Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience, or Masters degree with 6 years of prior relevant experience, or relevant combined experience/education. Additional directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
• Must have a practical knowledge of the professional discipline, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience, and has a general understanding of industry practices and standards.
• Must currently be a THAAD CLS team member with at least two years’ experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent communication skills and experience working with US Army and government personnel at all levels.
• Must possess and maintain CompTIA A+ and either CompTIA Network+ or Security+ certification; must possess certifications to be considered.
• Must possess and maintain a SECRET Clearance; must possess a SECRET clearance to be considered.
• Must possess and maintain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
• Must possess a valid US Passport with no restrictions on travel.
• Must meet physical deployment standards as set forth in, but not limited to, DoD Instruction 3020.41, Operational Contract Support, and applicable modifications.
• Experience and knowledge of US Army Air and Missile Defense operations.
• Experience and knowledge of US Army Supply and Logistics systems and practices.
• Knowledge of US Army Physical Security standards and practices, and COMSEC & CCI handling and utilization.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.