Leidos has an opportunity for a Scrum Master to coach an Agile team. The Scrum Master will help remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement. The Scrum Master assists the Agile team in meeting their delivery goals and facilitates both team and program level events such as the Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo, and Retrospective while ensuring compliance with the program's processes.
The Scrum Master's responsibilities include ensuring that development teams follow scrum framework values and agile practices, mentoring and motivating the teams to improve processes, facilitating meetings and decision-making processes, and eliminating team impediments.
To be successful as a Scrum Master, you should have a firm grasp of agile practices and the ability to effectively manage and mentor development teams. An outstanding Scrum Master should have excellent interpersonal, time management, and problem-solving skills.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
• Coach the Agile team and program through Agile/Scrum ceremonies
• Guide the team on how to maximize self-organization
• Ensure the team is self-organizing
• Assess the Agile Maturity of the team and coach the team to contribute to relentless improvement of the overall program
• Remove impediments and coach the team to remove impediments
• Build and maintain a high performing team by improving team dynamics and coaching the team in self-management
• Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Assist with internal and external communication, improve transparency, and radiating information
• Support the Product Owner in managing the team backlog and foster a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or in a similar role.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to balance concurrent activities.
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development in an Agile or SAFe environment
- Ability to quickly build rapport and keep a positive and motivated team environment
- TS/SCI clearance required, with ability to obtain polygraph.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.