The Leidos Civil Group has a current job opportunity for a Cyber SIEM SME.
Are you ready to join an impactful company? Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. This position will perform Cyber SIEM SME engineering support on current and future SIEM products, ensure data feeds and application operation are maintained, and provide support to cyber security analysts in development of analytics and other operational aspects of the SIEM product.
- Provide operational support for current and future SIEM products.
- Perform forensic analysis on digital media and provide clear and effective written reports
- Provide comprehensive vulnerability assessment of information systems and report status of findings
- Continuously improve SOC incident response as part of a collaborative team
- Report outages/issues with the SIEM that can’t be fixed locally and track to completion of fix action.
- Coordinate with other SIEM experts on the team across Leidos Civil and other operations centers to formulate and implement content-development best- practices.
- Demonstration of effective verbal and written communications
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience; additional work experience or Cybercourses/certifications may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- In-depth knowledge of operations of SIEM/SOAR solutions.
- CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, Full Packet Capture), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- Security certification such as CompTIA Security+ CE, ISC2 SSCP, SANS GSEC prior to starting.
- Microsoft Azure Certification: Microsoft Security Operations Analyst or more advanced certification is required within 180 days of hire.
- Certification such as CEH, CySA+, GCIA or other certification is required within 365 days of hire.
- Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cyber security domain and an ability to think and work independently.
- Willing to perform shift work.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically Public Trust
- Microsoft Sentinel experience
- Advanced certifications involving operation, maintenance, administration of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Splunk, Elastic/Kibana).
- Scripting and programming experience.
- Motivated self-starter and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS/HBSS, IDS/IPS, Full Packet Capture, Network Forensics.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.