Leidos has an immediate need for a Senior Splunk Engineer for a new customer on a highly-visible and strategic Cybersecurity Task Order. The Senior Splunk Engineer will install and maintain Splunk infrastructure, gather requirements from customers, onboard data, and assist end users with searches, dashboards, reports, and knowledge objects. The Senior Splunk Engineer may be required to interact with senior management, as necessary.
- Conceptualize, design, build, and maintain current and future customer-supported tools and platforms
- Manage multiple assignments, changing priorities, and work independently with little oversight
- Design, build, implement, and administer Splunk infrastructure in on-prem and cloud environments.
- Create, manage, and support automation solutions for Splunk deployment and orchestration in on-prem and cloud environments
- Work with existing and custom Splunk applications and add-ons to fulfill customer needs
- Provide overall engineering and design support for a distributed Splunk environment consisting of heavy forwarders, indexers, and search head servers, spanning security, performance, and operational roles
- Onboard data to Splunk via forwarder, scripted inputs, TCP/UDP, and modular inputs from various sources
- Normalize data to ensure CIM compliance, and develop data models to accelerate queries, dashboards, and correlation searches
- Work closely with all relevant stakeholders to solve technical problems at the network, system, and application levels
- Conduct periodic architectural reviews of Splunk and related systems to assess effectiveness and propose optimal installation alternatives as required
- Develop and manage comprehensive documentation, artifacts, procedures, and processes for the optimal management of the Splunk infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field and a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cybersecurity
- Eight (8)) years of experience with Linux and Windows system administration or an advanced understanding of operating systems and common operating environments
- Six (6) years of experience with Splunk in distributed deployments
- Current Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin certification
- At least one of the following certifications: CASP, GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GISP, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP, SEI, CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX
- Excellent written and oral skills, ability to work closely with multiple customers, manage expectations and track engagement scope
- Experience implementing FISMA, NIST, NSA, and other information security, cybersecurity and CDM related industry policies, procedures, guidelines, standards, and best practices
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise Security or integration with other Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platforms
- Proficient at data on-boarding activities including routing, parsing, and normalizing events to the Splunk Common Information Model (CIM)
- Proficiency onboarding data using Splunk developed add-ons for Windows, Linux, and common third-party devices and applications
- Experience onboarding data into Splunk via forwarder, scripted inputs, TCP/UDP, and modular inputs from a variety of sources
- Proficiency managing Splunk using the Splunk command-line interface
- Proficiency managing Splunk using configuration files
- Experience collaborating with separate engineering teams to configure data sources for Splunk integration
- Proficiency implementing and onboarding data in Splunk DB Connect
- Experience with Splunk performing systems administration, including performing installation, configuration, monitoring system performance and availability, upgrades, and troubleshooting
- General networking and security troubleshooting (firewalls, routing, NAT, etc.)
- Splunk implementation and troubleshooting experience
- Experience in managing, maintaining, and administering multi-site indexer cluster
- Proficiency developing log ingestion and aggregation strategies per Splunk best practices
- Perform integration activities to configure, connect, and pull data with 3rd party software APIs
- Proficient in regular expressions
- Ability to autonomously prioritize and successfully deliver across a portfolio of projects
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Entry on Duty (EOD) is required to support this program
- Experience working among different Cloud Provider environments (Azure, AWS, GCP), particularly for a federal government customer
- Experience with GitLab or GitHub or other version control system
- Experience with Ansible tower and/or writing ansible playbooks
- Experience with distributed systems development using REST APIs
- Experience with database development using ODBC, JDBC, or other database APIs
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.