Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Configuration Analyst to support our DISA GSM-O Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) program.
This position is in support of the Configuration Management team for the Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) hardware and software baseline within the database of record BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM). The position is 100% telework. To be successful in this role, the candidate should have experience with performing all areas of Configuration Management (CM), including planning, identification, change control, status accounting, and validation and verification for multiple product baselines. The candidate should possess a general familiarity with IT networks, to include network appliances (routers, load balancers, firewalls). This position requires a basic understanding of network protocols used for network monitoring and discovery, specifically SNMP & SSH. Additionally, the candidate should have the ability to develop, document, implement and maintain CM processes and activities.
The candidate will work with a team of engineers focused on maintaining the integrity of the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) for JRSS. (ITSM). The team is focused on adapting industry standard best practices while developing and enhancing automated network reconciliation and discovery. The candidate must be a flexible team player who is able to prioritize and support multiple concurrent tasks:
- Manage procedure/processes for implementing changes; offering customer support as required
- Review and analyze approved production change releases and coordinate with engineering, implementations, operations teams as required to ensure that changes are implemented and documented per the standard
- Perform day-to-day tasks including but not limited to, responding to customer inquiries for metric reporting, data validation audits, data cleansing activities, discovery/reconciliation actions, etc.
- Perform various methods of data/metric collection; automated report creation utilizing Configuration Management tools as well as manual methods (i.e., GUI, command line, etc.)
- Perform manual validation of baseline configuration for a wide variety of network appliances and applications by accessing via GUI, command line and performing commands to display the required configuration data.
- Analyze network infrastructure and configuration issues that result in discovery failures.
- Review and analyze device SNMP, SSH, TELNET, etc configurations for undiscovered network appliances, work with internal and external teams to report findings and resolve discovery issues
- Manage Briefings to leadership providing them necessary data to approve/deny escalated tickets and brief to program the approved tickets
- Define, update and extend Program Configuration Management/Document Management SOPs , TTP’s, and team work instructions; cross-train
- Manage CRQ’s within CMDB all the way through the change management lifecycle.
- Maintain SME status of the vulnerability, patch, and stig process on the JRSS Networking within the CMDB using CRQ. Including management and validation of tickets and briefing/reporting of data on team calls.
This position requires you to have hands on experience and/or proven knowledge of two or more of the following devices/vendors:
- BMC Remedy ITSM
- BMC ADDM
- Cisco routers (IOS, IOS XE & ASR) and firewalls
- Palo Alto firewalls
- Juniper router (MX), firewalls (SRX) and switches
- F5 Load Balancer
- HP Switch fabric
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
BS degree and 8-10 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 to 10 years of prior relevant experience, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Current DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Hardware/Software Configuration Management Experience
- Experience with SNMP and configuring network devices for monitoring.
- Change Management, understanding of Engineering Review Board & Change Control Board process
- Strong written and verbal communications and collaboration skills
- Occasional business travel may be required for this position (up to 10%)
- Formal document writing and editing experience required
- Experience using BMC Remedy ITSM, pertaining to any of the following:
- Family with Change Module to include opening and closing of ticket and creating of change ticket templates
- Familiar with creating and running queries/reports on incident and change module data
- Familiar with the use & functionality of the Asset Management module
- Create/Maintain/Delete Configuration Items.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Knowledgeable/experience accessing all JRSS architecture devices and performing queries to obtain configuration data.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.