Leidos Public Health Portfolio has immediate openings for an Application Developer/Jr Architect (Azure) to work in support of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The Application Architect is responsible for working with a diverse set of stakeholders to review and analyze requirements, design, build, and test new software features and functionality, and investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve software defects.
Job responsibilities include:
- Expertise in creating application architecture, data flow diagrams and evaluating system for discrepancies and vulnerabilities
- Suggest ideas to improve system performance and cost reduction
- Communicate system architecture to stakeholders and collaborate and coordinate with other developers to adopt new technologies, procedures, and IT standards
- Champion coding best practices
- Influence others to adopt new technical approaches and solutions
- Effective communication of technical problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Working collaboratively with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Reading and comprehending software requirements, and assisting with estimating efforts
- Design, development and implementation of new features and resolution of defects
- Assisting in troubleshooting software application and configuration issues
- Assisting with application deployments which include installation, configuration, and testing
- Producing technical documentation for new and existing features and application configurations
Bachelor’s and following related experience
- Application architecture logical and entity framework-based design experience.
- 2+ Experience with Application Architecture, Application design, Application refactoring, micro-services and web services
- 2+ Experience with architecting and designing application interfaces
- 2+ year experience with coding languages like Java, .Net, Python.
- Experience in using tools like Visual Studio Enterprise,
- DevSecOps as well as embedded programming for MedTech IoT.
Preferred Experience in one or more skill areas:
- User Interface (UI) design using wireframe tools and framework such as React is a plus
- Experience in technical domains such as Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI) Analytics, and Low Code/No Code Analytics applications for dynamic analytic reporting (drillable analytics).
- Azure DevSecOps: Azure Boards, Azure Pipeline based CI/CD software releases and code branch workflow,
- Azure Repo based code repository management and security.
Ability to Obtain NACI clearance
Preferred CDC experience and local to the Atlanta area
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.