The Intelligence Group at Leidos is seeking a Visual Media Designer to support a brand-new program with a classified government customer. This opportunity provides the customer with full-service conference planning, facilitation, instruction, and training and multimedia development support. Products will span the full gamut of technical interactivity from hard copy job aids to full, digital, immersive environments.
The Multimedia Specialist will create instructional multimedia used for online learning management systems, websites, information kiosks, presentations, podcasts, and/or other materials in support of instructional programs. Proficiency in learning management systems, various multimedia software applications and development tools, enhancing student accessibility, and providing training in the use of multimedia software and equipment is an integral part of the duties of this position. The Specialist will deliver a wide range of expertise in the areas of graphics and interface design, multimedia programming, animations design and development, video editing, audio production and recording to produce education and training materials, documents, and presentations.
Position is projected to be available upon contract award & implementation, estimated to be in March 2023. All candidates for consideration must possess an active and in-scope TS/SCI Polygraph. This will not be a teleworking position.
• Design and develop infographics, interactive pdfs, presentations, motion graphics, publications, and brochures
• Design and maintain “corporate identity” collateral (e.g., logos, seals, templates, etc)
• Design exhibits, displays, wall graphics, and signage
• Assist in the development and production of communication materials (e.g., memos. Letters, web postings, etc.)
• Work with clients to articulate vision for meeting objectives and develop solutions.
• Develop product specifications for working effectively with vendors (e.g., to-scale plans, technical drawings, etc.)
• Maintain project documentation (e.g., requirements definition, cost, schedule, etc.)
• Document and report on requirements and metrics (e.g., project status, time on projects, etc.)
• Collaborate with other team members to ensure products adhere to defined processes and standards
General and Required Qualifications - Level Dependent
• Must possess a current TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
• Bachelor’s degree in a graphic design, multimedia design, interactive design, visual media or related field
• Minimum of three (3) years of professional graphic design experience and demonstrated experience applying visual media design principles, theory, practices, and trends
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience with open source or proprietary production tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite; including: Phostoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
• Experience with website development and maintenance on content management systems
• Experience with formats, standards, and production resources for electronic publishing and/or multimedia processes and services
• Ability to work on concurrent projects from inception to completion with minimal oversight
• Experience with developing and maintain information architecture and navigation for websites
• Experience with techniques for concepts development, file production management, and media output
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
• Experience collecting and documenting customer website requirements
• Experience determining project estimates and writing project plans
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.