Leidos is looking for a Sr. Engineer, System Architecture with experience in Broadband Cable. Our team of engineers, analysts, and task leaders provides technical support to the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency’s (CISA) Emergency Communications Division (ECD) for the national security and emergency preparedness (NS/EP) Priority Telecommunication Services (PTS) Program. This is a newly-funded task being activated on a long-standing, Leidos Prime Program.
Supporting the ECD mission, the Senior Systems Engineer will also be interacting with other Government contractors and US communications services providers to provide engineering analysis of the future technologies and solutions for priority communications over current and next generation wireline and wireless networks for services such as priority voice over IP (VoIP), data, video, and information services.
Hybrid Remote- Candidate must be local to the Vienna, VA area. Onsite is required for occasional meetings, requirements of position and other contract requirements.
- Requirements Development and Analysis, System Architecting, Systems Engineering, Data Architectures Analysis, and Systems and Operational Performance Analysis
- Influences development of solutions that impact customer requirements and standard body contributions in support of function strategies and operations
- Perform cost-benefit analyses of customer subcontractor proposals and/or future service plans, provide recommendations and prioritize initiatives for the customer
- Influence and recommend new technical solutions, and recommend prioritization of development and service implementation efforts / proposals
- Resolves highly complex problems using application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning, and operations
- Analyze service provider deliverables (solution design documents, test plans, etc.) and provide customer feedback and recommendations
- Propose and develop test cases / scenarios for service requirement verification
- End products may be technical documents, reports, white papers, and briefings for Leidos’ ECD customers
- Produces solutions to a variety of problems that may arise in an expeditious and timely manner
- Makes presentations to colleagues and Government customers on an occasional basis
- Works independently, as part of, or leading a technical team, in support of systems engineering projects
- Leads and manages the work of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results
- Reviews and approves customer deliverables developed by junior staff
- Works to gain mutual acceptance and agreement on new concepts, practices, and approaches
- The position involves participation in virtual meetings and occasional in-person meetings with Leidos team and Government staff at various locations in the National Capitol Region (NCR)
- Familiarity with Cable Operator, CableLabs and WiFi Alliance Technologies is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in an Engineering field (Systems, Electrical or Computer Engineering preferred) with 8-12 years overall engineering experience or Master’s Degree with 6-10 years overall engineering experience. May possess a Doctorate in a technical domain.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain security clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Entry on Duty (EOD)
- No initial clearance needed to start the program; however, you must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Candidate must live within commuting distance from the work site
- Demonstrated experience in architecting and deploying broadband communications networks including Wi-Fi, optical and fixed wireless access networks, implementing voice, video, data services.
- Broadband cable provider experience, specifically with network architecture, resiliency, product/service development and traffic engineering
- In-depth understanding of communications standards and specifications, preferably within cable service communications (DOCSIS, PON, etc.)
- Proficient with communication networks, Internet Protocol (IP), and an understanding of network virtualization technologies and information security
- Subject matter expert within cable broadband and implementing QoS mechanisms to achieve performance requirements
- Experience implementing SD-WAN solutions
- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC)
- Subject matter expert within cable broadband and voice domain
- Experience with network testing and protocol analyzer tools
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.