Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis. The Prototype Development Support program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, this program looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment. Click here to learn how this program “Delivers Mission Success!” and a list of all our amazing opportunities
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will work with analysts to translate their ideas into requirements for new data sources, data flows, cloud analytics, or development of other information systems, as needed. You and your team will implement those requirements within the government cloud architecture. This work will involve working with networks and encryption providing leading edge solutions for those analysts.
- At least 16 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 5 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two years of general experience.
- Strong Java experience with Java/Pig MapReduce
- Knowledge of network encryption metadata and/or hidden services to include network encrypting protocols (i.e., IKE/IPsec, TLS and technologies such as Tor)
- Experience with customer GHOSTMACHINE analytic development
- Familiar with cloud technologies (MapReduce, Spark, Accumulo, etc.)
- Familiarity developing analytics in the QTA (Query Time Analytics) environment
- Experience with Maven and web services development, Zoom workflows
- Familiarity with C++ and/or Python a plus
- Knowledge of customer data flow procedures
- Experience with customer corporate tools such as DX and XKS
- Experience with Jira for tracking
- Agile software development experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills are a must
- Work in a team environment
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.