This position will support the DISA GSM-O II Task Number 07 (TN07) Joint Force Headquarters DODIN. GSM-O II provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in support of the DoD and COCOMs. The selected candidate shall execute in real time, in accordance with mission requirements, support the management and execution of government led vulnerability program.
- Establish communications with vendors for the release of newly identified vulnerabilities and to ensure they understand the specialized requirements of DoD information systems.
- Leverage a specialized understanding of vendor products and fix actions to develop mitigation orders for the identified vulnerabilities.
- Compile daily, weekly, and annual vulnerability metrics associated with affected and non-affected DoD products.
- Utilize tracking tools to upload information for DoD component consumption and vulnerability compliance tracking.
- Create situational awareness products to provide DoD components with detailed information related to vulnerabilities and appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Provide notification of potential threats by tracking vulnerabilities and exploits, propagation of worms and viruses as the migrate throughout DoD and globally.
- Develop, document, and convey IAVM operational requirements to enhance capabilities to identify, track, and remediate system and network vulnerabilities as well as for a real-time patch management capability.
- Manage/generate reports, review/approve Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&M), Operational Impact Statements and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) compliance.
- Support the development, and accurate inclusion of vulnerability directives into JFHQ-DODIN orders.
- Monitor the progress of internal and external organizations to ensure IAVM operational requirements are fulfilled for Government review.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with 4+ years of applicable combined education and experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance and eligible for C/I Polygraph
- DoD 8570 requirements IAT Level II
- Technical understanding in some of the following areas: network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic system administration, basic understanding of malware (malware communication installation, or malware types), or intermediate knowledge of computer network defense operations (proxy, firewall, IDS/IPS, router/switch, or open source information collection)
- Have working knowledge of threat and vulnerability analysis, routing protocols, routing, intrusion detection systems, intrusion protection systems, Domain Name Service, or network traffic analysis.
- Critical/logical thinking skills
- Advanced communications and presentations skills (verbal and written) enabling precise conveyance of information across all CC/S/A/FA with command and proper enunciation of the English language
- Security+ CE; GSEC
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.