Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
The Defense Airborne Solutions Group currently has a opportunity for an Electrical Engineering Technician, to support a broad range of programs for DOD (US Navy, US Air Force, US Army, SOCOM, DARPA) customers. You will develop the technical planning and execution strategies during the proposal phases. You will develop and update program hardware, software and processes; manage IPT and subcontractor development efforts; integrate subsystems and create the baseline; support Engineering Change Proposals; perform system checkout and support Test & Evaluation throughout contractor testing and system fielding. You will participate in the full lifecycle of the program as part of the engineering team on the program to ensure the on-time delivery of engineering efforts that meet program performance requirements.
THE CHALLENGE (primary responsibilities)
- Implement technical solutions to align with organizational strategies
- Support system schedules which meet program objectives and update those schedules to leadership and the customer
- Coordinate with the IPT and subcontractor teams as required to effectively build and deploy new system components and revisions
- Interface with Government customers, support contractors, and teammates
- Create and maintain documentation associated with specifications, design, build, test and fielding
- Maintain performance of subsystem as systems are tested and checkouts completed
- Troubleshooting to isolate system faults and perform repairs
- Support the engineering team in the design, integration, and security posture of products
- Support design, development, integration, testing, and operational fielding of programs for DOD (US Navy, US Air Force, US Army, SOCOM, DARPA) customers
- Develop test plans including environmental to meet all system requirements
- Oversee and assist with cabling and component fabrication and assembly
- General trade show support including planning and setup/teardown
- Support of flight testing of podded systems to include buildup, integration, ground and inflight test
WHAT SETS YOU APART (basic qualifications)
- Requires a Associates’s of Science degree in Electrical Technology or Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of related work experience, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Prior experience should include a minimum of 5+ years experience with programs for DOD (US Navy, US Air Force, US Army, SOCOM, DARPA) customers.
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with lifecycle development of system integration programs following DoD standards, experience with relevant quality control standards such as AS9100.
- Must have the ability to identify innovative solutions to complex, multi-faceted technical problems
- Ability to work outside under challenging conditions as required.
- Familiarity with test equipment such as Voltmeters, oscilloscopes, signal analyzers, spectrum analyzer, RF power meters, etc.
- A minimum of 25% travel may be required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (not required)
- Previous Airborne ISR experience
- Experience with aviation wiring design, connector selection, and assembly
- Experience with RF Systems maintenance, troubleshooting and installation including communications and RADAR systems
Security Clearance Requirement
DoD Secret Security clearance with the ability to obtain a DoD TS/SCI
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.