Leidos has a career opportunity for a mid-level Software Engineer with a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph. This is a challenging opportunity for an intelligence IT professional to join a high performance team developing and administering leading edge software systems. We are seeking a candidate with diverse IT and software development expertise. Must be able to work on-site. Remote/hybrid work is not available for this position. Work hours are flexible.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Specifically seeking middle tier or back-end developers responsible for creating the business logic and services between the UI and the back end, and the functions and operations performed on the data (relational and unstructured).
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or field applicable to the position.
- 8 or more years of relevant experience required. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Senior level experience with Spring Boot, Java, PostSQL and PL/pgSQL, and JUnit testing
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
- Experience with OpenShift, Keycloak, Wildfly
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Kafka, Activiti
- Experience with Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience with Automated testing (Selenium, Robot Framework)
- Security+ or other IAT II/III level certification
- AWS experience
- STIG hardening
- Scrum master or team lead
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.