Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Systems Engineer/Service Desk in the Ft. Meade, Maryland area.
Leidos is a preferred subcontractor on a newly awarded, large, multi-year contract that develops, integrates deploys, and sustains large collection systems. The work is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. We provide exceptional service to our customer in an area in which we have deep incumbent knowledge.
Significant requirements include Mission Management, Operations, and Sustainment activities. The team will provide 24x7x365 support to multiple Operations Teams and will feature 1st/2nd/3rd Party Partner Engagement.
The Systems Engineer will work on a 24x7 Help Desk working 12-hour shifts, and will support deployed customer processing systems, focusing on system operations, troubleshooting, and maintenance. The candidate will also support system integration, upgrade, and deployment activities. The majority of the time will be spent on telecommunications signal and software engineering activities. This includes signal processing workflow management, signal data analysis, infrastructure design, maintenance, and integration work such as the configuration of virtualized environments, encryption, unique product installations and configurations. The ideal candidate will have recent, first-hand experience designing, integrating, and sustaining customer mission systems, and must have recent, first-hand experience supporting customer architecture and component development efforts.
The System Engineer:
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporates new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations
- Develops technical documentation
- Develops system architecture and system design documentation
- Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts
- Has ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
Security Clearance Requirement:
Must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Fourteen (14) years’ experience as a Systems Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Five (5) years of additional Systems engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.