The Leidos Health Group Strategy and Business Development Operations VP is responsible for the strategic planning and operations activities driving Leidos pursuit of Health-related work, leading to increased market/revenue growth. This position reports directly to the Sr. Vice President (SVP) of Business Development & Strategy (BD&S) for the Health Group.
Key areas of focus include: Customer and market analysis, competitive intelligence, budget analysis, customer buying patterns, technology trends, current Leidos capabilities and gap analysis. Additionally, you will be required to support the communication and implementation of the strategy, oversight of all business operations and support of mergers and acquisitions. This leader will
- Lead all strategy development activities, in response to the SVP of BD and the Health Group President.
- Oversee all BD Group operational activities to include execution of the Group business rhythms and support to Corporate business rhythms.
- Work collaboratively with the Operations BD&S Vice Presidents and across the company to ensure company success. Build and strengthen relationships with counterparts in BD&S in other Groups as well as Corporate Strategy leadership to promote collaboration.
- As required, lead organizational change, integration across Leidos, help establish a culture of collaboration and respect within the Group. Serve as a role model and leader for positive change.
Lead and manage the BD Strategy and Operations staff, and as required the rotational BDLP assigned personnel in support of all Health strategy development and BD operations.
- Develop and maintain strong partner relationships with the Health Operations line and BD&S VPs and their Staff.
- Lead the Health Group Strategy development process and activities aligned with the overall corporate strategic planning process that informs and integrates with the corporate strategy and establishes the foundation of success to meet or exceed the overall Corporate and Group business goals.In collaboration with Health Line Operation staff and BD&S VPs, lead and collaborate with internal market analysists and external market research firms to acquire and develop supporting analysis for strategy development.
- Identify capability and technology gaps and opportunities - coordinate and leverage centrally funded technology development across Leidos, adjacent program capabilities, industry partnerships, IP, and customer relationships to maximize and support an integrated Group and cross company strategy.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of changes in the market and customer environment and provide timely recommendations to capitalize on opportunities or mitigation of potential impacts to the Leidos Health strategy.
- Support all Organic (New Business & OCG) planning and opportunity development activities as well as inorganic activities (M&A Council), divestures, geographic expansions, partnerships, Joint Ventures, facilitating the strategic growth of the Health Group and its strategy.
- Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices as required.
Business Development Operations:
- Lead/Support the Health Group & Corporate Business development business rhythms with Group BD Operations staff and in coordination with BD&S VPs that includes: Group Monthly Pipeline reviews, Closest to the Pin BD Metric Assessments (Awards, Submits, NBF), Coordination of Group and Corporate Gate Reviews, Annual Operating Plan (AOP) development. Lead the improvement of PWin metrics through participation and support to key capture Win Plan milestones and reviews to include Strategy Reviews, Pricing Reviews, Color Reviews, etc.
- Oversee (with BD&S Group staff and BD&S VPs) regular reporting that includes: Pipeline metrics, Win/Loss records, Awards/Submits, Marketing, Bid & Proposal and overhead expenditure tracking, etc.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of data in the CRM Tool to ensure that BD Operations team is maximizing the use of the tool within Operations such as development of dashboards, reports, etc. Ensure Accuracy of the data by ensuring exceptions are resolved quickly.
- Manage overhead costs and rates by supporting the development of New Business Funds and Overhead budgets by ledger with Ops BD&S VPs. As necessary reconcile issues with finance. Provide mentoring and guidance to Ops BD&S VPs and Capture Managers on effective use of budgets when required.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of Business Development / Capture & Proposal / Strategy related experience, including 10 years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Capture and pipeline management at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience with customer budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Experience working directly with the Health Community
- Demonstrated partnering and relationships with key government customers and industry partners
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Strong Oral and Written skills with an ability to use tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and customer relationship management to track and manage the pipeline
- Travel as required, up to 10% per month
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute strategy and capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
Pay Range:Pay Range $210,000.00 - $280,000.00 - $350,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.