UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a motivated, experienced, and innovative Senior Inventory Accountant to join our Accounting and Business Operations (ABO) team, with main offices located in Virginia, Arizona, Alabama, and Tennessee. As a core member of the ABO team, the Senior Accountant will report to the Inventory Accounting Manager. In this role, the ideal candidate will be involved in the department’s Inventory accounting function, review and apply accounting guidance to real world situations, work collaboratively with employees, vendors and customers often in a global environment. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for training others within the broader accounting team. The position will require the Senior Accountant to present to senior leadership from time to time. The role will employ a number of duties in the areas of accounting, financial reporting and process improvement
This role will be primarily remote but will require travel to various key inventory locations as well as the potential for in-office engagement and training activities.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Accounting and Business Operations will support the Mission, Vision and Values of Leidos in a collaborative, transformational and inclusive team environment with the goals of optimizing cash flow, delivering accurate financial results, maintain a high standard of transparency and compliance for our stakeholders.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Performing technical research and its application to complex inventory accounting situations
- Manage inventory standard operating processes while proactively monitoring for process improvement opportunities to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts
- Preparation and approval of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Reconcile/monitor general ledger accounts to ensure compliance with GAAP
- Perform analytical comparisons of expected results to actuals
- Engage with both finance and operational stakeholders to provide guidance on inventory accounting to help them develop forecasts and manage their financial responsibilities
- Setup and maintenance of inventory projects
- Review inventory analysis and make recommendations on inventory issue
- Provide support for the preparation of the Company’s 10Q/10K SEC filings and quarterly supplemental reporting
- Monitor and drive internal control and compliance policies for inventory
- Participate in ad-hoc projects/tasks such as internal/external audit requests, department goals and initiatives and other special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 4 to 8 years of prior accounting experience in Accounting. Additional years of relevant Inventory Accounting experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with inventory accounting is a must.
- Demonstrated prior and future capabilities to work overtime to ensure team deliverables are met and during surge periods
- Knowledgeable of accounting principles, specifically, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and self-motivated to independently study accounting concepts.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to independently study concepts and policies with the goal of shortening the learning curve.
- Strong computer skills including proficient experience with Microsoft Excel and has an interest in Robotics Process Automation.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with others with minimal oversight
- Ability to work in deadline driven conditions with ability to juggle shifting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of personnel
- Knowledge of ASC 330 Inventory
- Have strong background and prior experience within inventory accounting
- Prior experience working at a publicly traded company
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Oracle Business/Toad experience
- Government contract experience
- Experience with Costpoint Manufacturing Module
- Past experience with transformation projects such as Robotics Process Automation (RPA), Power BI dashboards, SQL reports, and other automation software is a plus.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.