Leidos Civil Group has an immediate need for a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Principal to join our group FP&A team in Reston, VA. This is an exciting role with high visibility and access to senior leadership. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and analyzing all aspects of the balance sheet and group cash position, including leading close and forecasting-related activities, developing monthly reviews, and providing thoughtful analysis and recommendations on overall cash management.
- Support the development of a detailed financial forecast and Annual Operating Plan for Civil group balance sheet.
- Create and implement models (billings & collections/forecasting, etc.) and best practices to help Group and the Operations drive optimal cash performance.
- Set Accounts Receivable and targets to direct Operations to tightly manage working capital.
- Aggregate, review, and analyze monthly balance sheet performance. Perform scenario analysis to identify best, worst, and most likely cash positions based on Operation input.
- Help train and educate others on balance sheet management and identify creative solutions for cash management.
- Run weekly cash call with members of the Civil finance team.
- Provide support to group level strategy requests – applying out of the box thinking to drive efficiencies.
- Work closely with Ops level FP&A and across other functions to complete forecast consolidation.
- Lead analysis of projects that deliver key insights for making critical business decisions.
- Help train and develop junior analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance (or related field) and minimum 12 years of prior relevant experience, including FP&A.
- Experience in project analysis and management, financial analysis, financial reporting and forecasting, accounting, and budgeting
- Experience and knowledge with government contracting, US GAAP and FAR
- Excellent communications and problem-solving skills; ability to think creatively
- Experience in successfully managing and prioritizing multiple deliverables
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- US Citizenship is required
- MBA preferred
- Familiarity with and experience using Hyperion and CostPoint.
Pay Range:Pay Range $90,350.00 - $139,000.00 - $187,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.