Leidos is seeking a Systems Administrator to assist with network infrastructure support for systems administration, operation, and maintenance of a research and development Local Area Network. The roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assistance with special projects involving extended work hours.
- Patch Windows and Linux Operating Systems, administer user accounts, and build new hosts such as virtual machines, scientific workstations, and servers.
- Deploy new applications, and install hardware components such as hard drives, RAM, GPUs, and network switches.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues; transfer data from and to other networks and removable media; configure network switches; manage storage area networks; and maintain a small data center, to include, but not limited to, network switches, storage servers, compute servers, and network software and hardware configuration.
- Support special projects in support of mission requirements, which may include working extended or non-standard hours, to include late night or weekend work. This is not a common activity, but may be required multiple times per year. Overtime is not expected, with non-standard hours worked to be replaced with time off in the same pay period, based on the contractor’s pay schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education
- Demonstrated experience administrating Linux systems using terminal commands.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows Active Directory, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, and Microsoft System Center environment (Configuration Manager, Virtual Machine Manager, and Data Protection Manager).
- Demonstrated experience maintaining patch levels, virus definitions, firmware, and software updates for Windows and Linux servers, workstations, virtual machines.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining patch levels, virus definitions, firmware, and software updates for Cisco network switches.
- Demonstrated experience supporting project (HW & SW) development teams from startup to transition to operations.
- Demonstrated experience building workstations, laptops, and servers to include adding or replacing hard drives, RAM, and graphics cards.
- Demonstrated experience reconfiguring workstations, laptops, and servers to include adding or replacing hard drives, RAM, and graphics cards.
- Demonstrated experience communicating technical details, issues, and system outages or degradations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrated experience managing, configuring, and maintaining Cisco ACI Network Architecture, Nexus 9000 Series switches, and Cisco APICs.
- Demonstrated experience with HPE Blade Centers with Virtual Connect Networking and HPE DL Series servers.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows Server Datacenter and Failover Clustering for High-Availability File Servers and Virtualization.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux deployment and baseline management using Foreman.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining HPE 3PAR and other storage fabrics.
- Demonstrated experience configuring HP Z-series workstation hardware and bios.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining CentOS and Windows baseline operating system images used for building new servers, workstations, and virtual machines.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL Server, MongoDB, and Oracle Database administration.
- Demonstrated experience with Hyper-V, QEMU, and VMware vSphere Virtualization.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining Microsoft Exchange Server and Skype environments.
- Demonstrated experience supporting security documentation for projects.
- Demonstrated experience or familiarity with Sponsors Accreditation and Authorization (A&A) process and packages.
- Demonstrated experience or familiarity with developing A&A packages and ability to lead through A&A lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience or familiarity with interacting with the ISSM office for project waivers and approvals for hardware and software not currently on the Sponsor’s baseline.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.