NHSN Senior Software Developer
Leidos is seeking a Senior Full Stack Java Software Developer to join our NHSN Modernization program team. The candidate to fill this position will work on a project alongside talented, experienced professionals to migrate the existing system footprint to the Azure cloud and modernize the architecture.
Modernization efforts will include transitioning from a macroservices to microservices architecture employing current technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes as well as cloud technologies like Data Bricks.
The NHSN Senior Software Developer will work with a diverse set of stakeholders to review and analyze requirements, design, build, and test new software features and functionality, and investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve software defects. This position requires experience with Java software development and Azure cloud technologies, strong communication skills, and would ideally have some familiarity with the healthcare industry and health IT.
What you will do:
- Design, develop and implement new features and resolve defects as part of an Agile team.
- Lead and assist with troubleshooting software application and configuration issues during development, testing, and deployments. Clearly and thoroughly communicate technical problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Assist with the installation, configuration, and testing of applications during deployments to pre-production and production environments.
- Update and develop technical documentation for new and existing features and application configurations including system architecture and data flow diagrams. Review and provide feedback for all team technical documentation to identify defects early and prevent late phase defects.
- Mentor junior software developers on development best practices, IT standards, and new technologies. Use experience with Azure cloud technologies and approaches to guide development team during implementation. Champion coding best practices by being a key reviewer at team code inspections.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to develop and maintain a thorough understanding of software requirements to ensure accurate implementation and testing of requirements through application deployment.
- Support the System Architect in the creation of a modernized system architecture. Evaluate system for discrepancies and vulnerabilities. Inject new technology and solutions into modernized architecture solution. Propose solutions to improve system performance and reduce operating costs.
- Communicate system architecture to a diverse group of stakeholders. Influence stakeholders to adopt new technical approaches and solutions.
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies including scrums, sprint planning meetings, and retrospectives.
Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of development experience.
- Expertise in Java software development: Java 1.8+, JSP, Servlets, Struts 2, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, JDBC, Apache Commons Libraries (7 years of experience)
- Demonstrated experience with Azure Cloud technologies and approaches for Miscroservices development (e.g., Java, Quarkus) and Micro Frontend development (e.g., React, KendoReact, NodeJS)
- Demonstrated exceptional trouble shooting and problem resolution skills.
- Experience in Microservice architecture including hands on development of microservices. Experience transitioning from a monolith to microservices architecture is a plus. ( 2 years of experience)
- Experience of modern frontend web user interface architecture ( 7 years of experience)
- Experience of common software and system security practices (i.e. OAuth 2, OpenID Connect OIDC, etc.)
- Expertise with code review and testing
- Experience of SQL, SQL Server, Azure SQL, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, and Git
- Azure Kubernetes Service and Microservices security
- Experience of Spring , Quarkus, Azure Service Bus, Azure Event Grid, Azure Data Factory (ADF), Rancher, Databricks, Azure SQL, Databricks Delta Lake, and Lakehouse architecture
- Experience with Azure DevOps pipeline and Azure Repos
- Experience with AWS & GCP Cloud
- Experience working in Agile team environment
- Experience developing a new architecture for and/or implementing a new architecture for a legacy system.
- Ability to adapt to changing customer requirements.
- Familiarity with health IT concepts, terminology and standards (e.g. HL7 CDA, FHIR, etc.)
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.