The Leidos Innovations Center(LInC) has an exciting opening for you, our next Software Integration Engineer, that will play a key role with the integration and deployment of software for the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P). The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform providing cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. Our team includes highly skilled systems engineers, software and data engineers, and data scientists. Your work will be conducted primarily at our client location in Bethesda, MD with limited opportunity for telework.
Working closely with project team members, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the following activities:
- Work with a team of system integration engineers to successfully deploy release candidates to production environment.
- Participate in test, staging and production deployment.
- Assist in the maintenance of services and procedures for a big data pipeline which includes Kafka, Elasticsearch, and several in house written python/java micro services running on Kubernetes
- Integrate Docker containers using Kubernetes, Rancher, Helm and other DevOpsSec integration tools
- Monitor automated system integration tests to identify failed modules and components
- Manage individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines
- Foster an environment of collaboration with the different team members in the goal of providing quality service and product to our customer
This is you:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field and 4 + years of prior relevant Software Engineering experience or master’s degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience
- Must possess an Active Top Secret clearance and ability to obtain TS/SCI with Poly
- Experience with containerization, especially with Docker
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools including Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools and practices, especially Gitlab or Jenkins
- Experience with Agile practices
- Development and/or scripting experience, especially Python and Bash
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic with the ability to work well on a team and a self-starter who can work on their own
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience with systems at scale
- Kafka or other message passing systems
- Experience on a production/ enterprise system
- Experience with any of the following technologies:
- Kubernetes monitoring, e.g., Prometheus/ Graphana
- GPU-based Kubernetes
- SALT for deployment automation
- Elasticsearch, Kibana, and Logstash, specifically admin experience
- Helm and Helmfile
- Cloudera usage, including Kafka topic creation/management, Zookeeper, Solr, and Flume
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.