The Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer in support of the GSM-O II program will perform as a Multi-Function Systems Analyst and be responsible for the quality of services delivered on the program. The GSM-O II program is a 24x7x365 Global O&M performance-based services contract for the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN). Services include: Engineering Transition and Implementation Capabilities, Network Operations, Engineering, System Support, Maintenance, and Net Assurance, Information Assurance, Network Security & Other supported related Projects/Innovations. The QA Engineer will ensure all performance standards, measures, and contract deliverables are in conformance with the contract and performance work statement (PWS), the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP), Leidos’ EngineeringEdge NextGen (EENG) standard methodologies, industry standards and best practices, and the GSMO II Quality Management Plan (QMP). As opportunities to improve process and performance present themselves, the QA Engineer will facilitate and guide the improvement to ensure effective implementation is achieved.
The position is expected to be onsite in Arlington, VA or Alexandria, VA. Some travel between GSM-O sites may be required (all sites are in Arlington or Alexandria).
- Maintain adherence to the program Quality Management System.
- Ensure compliance with the PWS, the QASP, EENG, ISO (namely 9001:2015), CMMI-SVC, and the GSMO QMP.
- Partner with internal and external customers in facilitating/leading lean six sigma structured improvement activities (SIAs).
- Collaborate with customer and GSMO leadership to lead efforts that continually drive the enhancement of the workflows to which GSMO is a stakeholder.
- Facilitate and support continual improvements to procedures.
- Effectively identify and facilitate process improvement, enabling multiple domain experts to come together to identify and adopt process or technology improvements.
- Identify areas for potential improvement and work with the program team to vet and mature each opportunity.
- Develop workflows, operating procedures and work instructions for enterprise-wide daily execution, automation, and reporting that allows for proactive assessment of performance while maintaining acceptable quality levels.
- Ensure product development and services processes meet customer expectations.
- Proactively facilitate sessions / dialogue with key stakeholders and conduct trend analyses on performance issues to help evaluate predictive behaviors / outcomes.
- Establish mechanisms to actively monitor performance measurement and metrics.
- Interface with service delivery teams to refine performance measurements and lead working groups to establish mission-oriented measurements (e.g. KPIs).
- Update and implement associated Quality Control Plans.
- Monitor workflow and process compliance and track corrective actions to closure.
- Support development sprints (as applicable) and ensure testing is conducted according to plan.
- Review process outputs to ensure compliance.
- Conduct internal audits and reviews to ensure compliance.
- Execute audit approach and define thresholds to assess audit results.
- Document and work to resolve nonconformities and requirement escapes via root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action. Routinely report progress on resolution to management.
- Integrate closely with the program team to implement and execute the quality management system.
- Support Quality actions and responsibilities across the program as required.
- Monitor and track quality action items and quality issues through resolution.
- Identify and report project quality risks to program management.
- Facilitate contributions to the Risk and Opportunity Register and Lessons Learned Register.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with 8 years of related experience; or 6 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- DoD TS Clearance with ability to upgrade to TS/SCI
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- Experience conducting Structured Improvement Activities (SIAs), managing performance metrics, and conducting quality audits
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience in ISO 9001:2015 and CMMI-SVC Industry Standards and Best Practices.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Familiarity with Government and DoD IT and security policies and requirements
- Current industry certifications in quality management and or service management such as ISO 9001-20000 and ITIL.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.