Leidos has an opportunity for a hybrid mid-level System Administrator / Database Administrator with a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph. This is a challenging opportunity for an intelligence IT professional to join a high performance team developing and administering leading edge software systems.
We are seeking a candidate with diverse IT and systems administration expertise. The ideal candidate will have broad systems administration and database administration expertise in a classified environment, and be familiar with network security protocols and administration. Candidate must be familiar with DoD cyber security processes, including differences and criteria that distinguish the various security domains. Must be able to work on-site. Remote work not available for this position.
- The System Administrator will be responsible for a variety of tasks to support the EAMS Program to include day-to-day system administration of the network servers and associated hardware/ software.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Trouble-shoot, monitor, and resolve system issues as required to maintain operations
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Build, maintain, and deploy client and server systems.
- Develop and maintain efficient/automated client system support.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Work with an Information Assurance team to ensure compliance with Authorizations to Operate (ATOs)
- Liaise with COTs vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable related field with 8 years of related experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum 5 years of experience with systems administration to include Windows
- Experience w/VMware
- Familiarity with AWS
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to anticipate problems & take decisive action
- Experience maintaining applications built on a SQL Server (2016 or greater) and Oracle.
- Experience writing scripts to monitor system services, resources, data mine logs, etc.
- Writing SQL for both Oracle and SQL Server and PL/SQL to generate system data reports, modify data as necessary, etc.
- Familiarity w/troubleshooting Java, .NET applications, & Oracle applications
- Familiarity with XML
- Must have an active Security+ Certification
- Clearance: Active DOD TS/SCI w/ CI Poly
- Experience with ICD-503 or RMF sec accreditation
- Microsoft MCSA
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Knowledge of SQL Server and ORACLE
- Knowledge of Apache Servers and/or WebLogic clustered servers.
- DODIIS security/builds familiarity a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and SharePoint Development
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.